What's your latest acquisition? MkVIII

Procopius

43 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Only Twitter gives its users the raw, bestial inhumanity they crave. 

I think you've just Tweeted on Britmodeller Edward; I didn't think this was possible to do! :laugh:

31 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I think you've just Tweeted on Britmodeller Edward; I didn't think this was possible to do! :laugh:

It's why I make the intermediate bucks, Tony.

To keep things marginally on-topic:

Christmas gifts for Winston, AKA Procopius Minor Primus:

1/35 Tamiya Churchill

Haynes Icons Churchill book

Not a Christmas gift, but still for him:

A nightstand to replace his current one, which has three out of four legs, a hole where the drawer ought to be, and a tight psychological grip on the boy

For Procopius Minor Secundus, AKA Grant:

Two Playmobil sets

For Mrs P:

Google Pixel Buds-A

For me, the most deserving, hardworking, sweetest man on earth, I tell myself, without conviction:

1/72 Master metal NATO-standard refuelling probe bit

The English Electric Lightning: Genesis and Projects bookazine

Supermarine Secret Projects: Volume 2 - Fighters and Bombers bookazine

Flying Between the Wars by Allen Wheeler

1/72 KP Bulldog T.1

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7The Lightning book is a good read and quite informative. Most my Christmas presents from Mrs T will be books from SMW and all five published volumes on Leeds City Transport, mint and straight out of the box for £25 from the Leeds Transport Historical Society as they were cutting stocks. Usually about £20 each and 200 plus pages. 

• Like 3

On 11/27/2022 at 8:32 PM, TheBaron said:

A copy of Christopher Wilson's:

91ts3qA5gPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

arrived unexpectedly early. Equally unexpected is the Introduction providing some inadvertent parallels with aircraft design!

Beautiful. One of my passions. 

• Like 2

Something special arrived in the post today from Rzeczpospolita Polska. A mixed media kit by Lukgraph; cast resin, brass, PE, some kinda clear plastic, painting masks, decals and 3D printed components (3D printed is a first time for me). Lots of rigging to do. This will be very challenging to say the least. I was surprised to find a Nimrod in 1/32. It's right in my core genre (if only it had floats) and I just had to have it. And it even comes with a sticker 🤓

Nimrod-box-contents.jpg

• Like 10

Isn't it nice, when you go to a show such s Telford, looking for two specific kits, and lo and behold, on the first stand that you come to, there they are, one on top of another.

To those who know me, it will come as no surprise to learn that both of these will eventually be built as IDF M50's.

mTN3Akz.jpg

l07xS7C.jpg

And I must have had a brain fart when I bought this, but I did it because many years ago, when I used to build wingy things, I used to like the drones and controllers of the US Navy, so that's what this will end up as, along with the Hellcat that I bought last year.

47SlZMT.jpg

John.

• Like 8

On 11/18/2022 at 4:29 PM, luis pacheco said:

This beauty arrived today.

spacer.png

NICE! A few friends have run various cars and bikes in the Dakar, both the original route and the more recent. It's been amazing to watch these on the TV in the first few weeks of each new year. So huge yet competitive!

• Like 1

A trip to Halifax Modellers World to pick up a pre ordered Arma Sea Hurricane Ib. Having a browse around and alo came away with a KP Scottish Aviation Bulldog T.1. Looks quite tidy 

• Like 4

On 28/11/2022 at 16:33, Procopius said:

Only Twitter gives its users the raw, bestial inhumanity they crave.

There's an uncomfortable piquancy to that statement.  Twitter is the winner in the "I've got nowt to say but I'm going to say it anyway" race to the bottom.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bit shocked this morning, popped to my local half asleep and slightly hungover (after staying up to to the small hours to watch the launch of the b-21 raider) only to discover they’ve opened the basement of the shop and moved all the kits down there after decesnding the ancient stone staircase felt a little overwhelmed and didn’t have proper browse and just left with the first easy build I saw (airfix bf109g) along side the varnish and paint that prompted such a trip edit: and pot of Xtracrylix red arrows red from the cheapest source I could find for a single pot

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 10:11 PM, IanF said:

Just snagged a Tamiya 1/48 F-4b for £49.99 from The Model Centre. 

Me to. It was rude not to. 👍

Dick 

• Like 1

Still awaiting many deliveries that have been stalled in the depths of the Royal Mail system for weeks but oddly the only delivery of any kind (other than the weekly bundle of junk mail fliers they are paid to put through every door) made by the ‘postie’ this week was mailed in Canada on Monday and arrived here Saturday which perhaps hit all the right places at just the right times.     Wonder if Royal Mail management have resorted to the failed system used during the December 2010 ‘snow emergency’ of prioritising items newly entering their system over those already delayed some of which was literally left to rot in open-air storage until eventually sent to landfill.

From Belcher Bits in Canada

Belcher Bits BB18 1/48 CF-5 Weapons And Detail Set in resin , need some of the CRV-7 Rocket Pods in the short-term for my ‘Herrick Harrier’ but have enough F-5 kits on the shelf that all will come in useful over time , due to VAT changes a year or two back the eBay Belcher Bits Store outlet is now how Mike sells to the UK and while not all of the catalogue is shown there at any one time I dropped him a line and he very obligingly listed this one for me.

From Amazon - delivered by Amazon

S-3 Viking Illustrated by Lou Drendel , published by Amazon and released this week as the latest in the series with the usual mix of images , artwork and technical manual excerpts.

From Postscript Books - delivered by Evri who ironically now offer a better service than RM

Mix of titles from the current monthly catalogue and from their on-line stock at 50% of RRP or less as well as free shipping on orders over £25.

Tornado GR.1 – An Operational History by Michael Napier , published 2017 by Pen & Sword.

Testing To The Limits : British Test Pilots Since 1910 Volume 1 Addicot to Huxley and Volume 2 James to Zurakowski , both by Ken Ellis , published 2015 and 2016 respectively by Crecy.

Not another one! The favoured local supplier has gone completely mad offering 40% discount on this beauty, which had even retained its pre-Covid price. Wowzers! Had to snap it up at its bargain-basement price. Australian decals, bits for reconnaissance configuration, preferred scale and just a most mighty airframe. Very happy to see wing-fold bits included, too. Of note is my discipline in unerringly maintaining a decision a couple of months ago to NOT purchase any more kits for a while... That's about eight kits ago 🤓 

Sea-Fury-box-contents.jpg

• Like 8

HLJ: Weps set A and Ki-61.  
Set A is mostly because of the tow target, but the bombs will be useful for a Vietnam F-4J.

y4muB9eGVNXkKbyAwOL_7uVrApUK-UjDKOAxsDhH

Decals from AviationMegaStore, Tiger Meet F-16 tail art and a Boston set. 
Just in time to get started on an Operation Oyster Boston - almost 80 years to the day, December 6th 1942.

From said Eindhoven and quite near Strijp:
Flash Aviation goodies. The place is quirky but a treasure trove of stuff.

- the Spitfire kit is a 1986 special for IPMS NL, collection item. Inside is the old KP kit you still find floating around as a MisterCraft box.

y4mmXcjQ17S68tcHg0_-54kvjEL-eR3IU36wh1EH

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, IanHx said:

From the Midland Air Museum ,  two completely unrelated items

* a razor saw

* a Beaver  (of the vintage classic DHC sort)   :)

You had me worried for a minute there!!

John.

• Haha 6

Courtesy of the Airfix UK spares department, two 1/72 Sea Harrier decal sheets for the very reasonable sum of seven pounds. I had a very nice phone call with them getting it sorted.

• Like 4