What's your latest acquisition? MkVIII

Procopius

On 11/9/2022 at 3:46 AM, Procopius said:

Losing an Empire and Finding a Role: Britain, the USA, NATO and Nuclear Weapons, 1964-70
The Sword and the Shield: Britain, America, NATO and Nuclear Weapons, 1970-1976

Facing Down the Soviet Union: Britain, the USA, NATO and Nuclear Weapons, 1976-1983

I'm seeing a trend here, lets hope you don't get a sense of deja vu by the time you get to the end of the 3rd one. ;)

Steve.

• Haha 3

My local supplier doesn't often offer specials as generous as 25% off. So I grabbed this Gecko Models Daimler Mk.1 armoured car. Then I read a mixed to negative review. Perhaps that's why it had remained on the shelf for so long, spurned by local AFV modellers. The main whinges were; over complicated suspension, no weld marks along armoured plate seams, ill fitting upper deck, kit engineering by CAD designer rather than modeller, daunting parts count. It looks like an interesting kit with extensive interior should one chose to leave open the ill-fitting turret roof 🤓 and no fewer than five decal options. I owned a Dinky Daimler when I was a kid, so growing up with its familiar form it became the prototypical armoured car. Well, let's see what it's like to make when I liberate it from the cupboard.

Diamler-Mk-1-contents.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'm seeing a trend here, lets hope you don't get a sense of deja vu by the time you get to the end of the 3rd one. ;)

I've read enough about British defence procurement to know it's a never-ending quest to discover the bare minimum, pledge to achieve it in a herculean national effort, and then quietly get about halfway there before giving up and revising downwards. As my own life is planned roughly the same way, I feel a certain kinship with postwar UK governments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

22 hours ago, wellsprop said:

A DHC Chipmunk.... 1:1 scale. 

Just the small task of learning how to fly it now 😳

Wow, that's amazing!  I'd love to fly a Chipmunk again.  Will there be pictures?

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

Wow, that's amazing!  I'd love to fly a Chipmunk again.  Will there be pictures?

Most certainly! I'll get a few in the walkaround at some point :)

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

::bites stem off pipe::

Rather lucky I had the opportunity....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ronin Graphics of Australia has come out with RAF decals for the BPK 1/72 P-8 Poseidon, and I (and my wallet, somewhat more apprehensively) have been waiting for this moment. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Procopius said:

Ronin Graphics of Australia has come out with RAF decals for the BPK 1/72 P-8 Poseidon, and I (and my wallet, somewhat more apprehensively) have been waiting for this moment. 

I read somewhere about Air Graphics Models offering the BPM 1:72 P-8 MRA1 with resin update/conversion bits and RAF stickers...

Cheers,

Bill

4 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

I read somewhere about Air Graphics Models offering the BPM 1:72 P-8 MRA1 with resin update/conversion bits and RAF stickers...

Cheers,

Bill

Yes, but unfortunately they're only selling them with the kit, and that only at Telford, for now.

3 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Yes, but unfortunately they're only selling them with the kit, and that only at Telford, for now.

Ah, so you've already got the kit then. Put that on eBay, hop over to O'Hare and get your bum to Telford. See? Simple. Now you don't need that extra decal sheet.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

A pre-ordered kit and a couple of publications delivered this week.

From Black Mike Models

Tiger Hobbies/Hobby 2000 48019 1/48 BAe Harrier GR.7/9 Harrier kit , standard Hasegawa plastic with what is essentially the US Stencel ejection seat rather than the UK Martin Baker but from one of the later boxings that include both 65 and 100% LERX parts unlike earlier releases and the Revell re-box which only had the former , Cartograph decal sheet and a set of masks.

From Amazon

Export Vipers Illustrated book , by Lou Drendel , latest release in the Aviation Art Inc. series published by Amazon , listed by country with the usual format of original artwork and a wide selection of  images with perhaps a preference for special colour schemes.

From Kelsey Media

Military Trucks Archive No.12 – More Than 75 Years Of British Soft-Skin Utility Vehicles bookazine , latest release in the series covering the subject from WWII to current including some that did not make it or only served in small numbers.

Just pre-ordered the Cadia Stands army box set for 30 quid less than GW RRP! 25 figures, 2 artillery pieces and a new design Sentinel plus the Codex and data cards. The Codex and cards will probably be sold on as i don't play the games. DAMN YOU GAMES WORKSHOP! 😆

Regards,

Steve

Sold some Forge World stuff, and moments later, came across a 1/72 Airfix TSR.2 for $40, so the choice was obvious. 

Also the Daco EE/BAC Lightning book. I have Lightnings on the brain of late, despite not having fond memories of building either the Sword or Airfix single-seaters. 

One of these in 1:1 scale

IMG_2413

It's a Honda Civic e:HEV Hybrid Sport.

It's the first new car we've bought for 16 years and my, how things have changed!

When Airbus introduced the A320 several years ago, apparently the most common comment heard from the crews for a few months was " What's it doing now? ", I know how they felt, we are slowly working our way through the manual which is nearly 700 pages long.

John Gleave

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

we are slowly working our way through the manual which is nearly 700 pages long.

Good greif - by the time I got to page 350 I'd have to start again....!! 

Nice looking car though!

Keith

• Haha 4