- GLOSTER GLADIATOR -J-8- 1/32- ICM

-Not a difficult kit but it requires some care as usual with bi-plane owing to the masts and the mandatory rigging.

-AIMS engine and cowling - Top Notch camo masking -

v0g1vg.jpg

0r3Fvr.jpg

qiXCXr.jpg

5MH3Yn.jpg

9aB4m9.jpg

uxOeBM.jpg

ajzQqC.jpg

• Like 28

Beautiful work there Old soldier! If I may, I express some doubts about the light blue of the underside. In fact those Gladiator were coming from Sweden in plain Aluminium dope, the green stripes were then applied at random, stopping on the mid of the fuselage. I might be wrong, but I remember reading that fact when I did mine for Replic magazine (Roden 1/48th) years ago! . Nevertheless a pleasant model to look at. Cool Dady!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Zigomar said:

Beautiful work there Old soldier! If I may, I express some doubts about the light blue of the underside. In fact those Gladiator were coming from Sweden in plain Aluminium dope, the green stripes were then applied at random, stopping on the mid of the fuselage. I might be wrong, but I remember reading that fact when I did mine for Replic magazine (Roden 1/48th) years ago! . Nevertheless a pleasant model to look at. Cool Dady!

- Thanks old chap, I had some doubts about the underside color, you're right I knew the Glad were délivered in aluminium dope, but according to Kari Stenmann and Karolina Hölda book " Finnish Fighter Colours 39-45" Vol 1, the underside is given for light grey, the same on the TOP NOTCH masks instruction sheet, but in light blue grey .In my paint stock I have a Swedish Blue-Grey from MRP- (MRP-175) I thought it may have been a pertinent choice,and above all........, I don't like working aluminium color....... so Let's go...

-My next project is to sort a Gauntlet from a Gladiator kit........Même pas peur......

An excellent Gladiator JM, it looks absolutely superb in every respect, and your photography does it full justice!  Onwards and upwards to the Gauntlet!! 😄 He who dares wins!! 

• Thanks 1

When my father was alive he would sadly remember the time during the war that he saw a Gladiator pilot killed when his aircraft broke up in the air. I think it was somewhere in the Middle East.

Very convincing J 8 indeed! Fabulous work – it looks ready to fly away!

The Swedish Gladiators, transferred with the voluntary F 19 wing to Finland during the Winter War, carried standard Sw AF camouflage of dk olive green upper sides and light blue-grey undersides. In Finland they then received 'winter camouflage' in the form of irregular bands of silver paint/dope.

Wonderful model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2022 at 3:47 AM, Zigomar said:

Wow, I bought Replic back in the day! I have that very article, I should have known I’ve seen you work before!

I love your work!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

Wow, I bought Replic back in the day! I have that very article, I should have known I’ve seen you work before!

I love your work!

My pleasure Sir! Those were the days!

• Like 1