RFI "Ghost of Kyiv" MiG-29 9-13 of the Ukrainian Air Force (ICM 1:72)

Hi everybody,

It's another one! Here we have ICM's popular 'Ghost of Kyiv' kit in 1:72. This is built out of the box, with masking tape harnesses being the only addition extra this time.
It was a straightforward build with no fit issues and the decals behaved way better than expected with only a couple of minor tears and fold backs.

This was my first attempt at using an airbrush to complete a model and I'm thankful to the decals for covering up the splodges (there's never a splodge on the practice run, it seems to wait until it's aimed at plastic!). Definitely more practice, skill, patience and possibly a better airbrush required.

I don't usually model current inventory but this was an enjoyable build.
Thanks for looking and happy modelling!

p?i=872ddac553696147033e1c5c1177505c

p?i=91bdec2eadfa4020ca2ec8431661665a

p?i=21362bfbb225c91b16efec2518fc761d

p?i=b19b63be086418e5052bd41d76b5db0e

p?i=9f2ac90ff4c1b9b35948e4955d1d8fa9

p?i=839e8307360975239e59214c07c9368e

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Model cobber said:

Nice model. Great camouflage. Must have taken you a long time to mask the camo. It was well worth the effort.

Thanks very much Model cobber. The camo was all decals thankfully, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try and mask something like that!

15 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

I call it Digital or fractal looking camouflage is very IMPRESSIVE  and done very nicely .

:goodjob:

AMAZING looking model and that head on shot is SUPERB. 

:worthy:

Thanks very much HOUSTON👍 really appreciate the comments! I'm certainly enjoying my recent jet phase.

Nice looking build! Great first time with an airbrush!

I have 2 MiG-29s, and I just bought this kit in addition- looking forward to building it. What paint did you use? Did you get the paint set that they sell to go with this?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dave Klaatu said:

Nice looking build! Great first time with an airbrush!

I have 2 MiG-29s, and I just bought this kit in addition- looking forward to building it. What paint did you use? Did you get the paint set that they sell to go with this?

Thanks very much! Hope you enjoy building it as much as I did. I didn't get the ICM paint set, I used Ammo Mig Light Gray 0209 on the top and Tamiya XF53 Neutral Grey on the underside which was probably a little dark tbh so I'd go with at least a shade lighter. For the radome, I can't remember, but a little darker than XF53. These colours may be wrong though, they just looked right to me at the time and I had them on the shelf. All the best. 

10 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Very nice build. 

I have built that recently and like you had no real issues with the decals. It’s only because of the decals, I can attempt something like that. 

Thanks very much. I'm exactly the same. Masking that scheme would give me nightmares! 

• 6 months later...