Big Bugatti.

elderly

18 minutes ago, rs2man said:

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed it doesn't include wings and lights to allow a road going version to be built .

From what I remember of a Bugatti Club meeting in Hyde Park (?) my dad and I visited (late 70s), such fripperies were not essential for going on the road - C&U regs didn't (still don't? 😎) seem to apply to the people who can own such cars!

My most abiding memory of the meet was seeing Barbara Cartland judging the cars.  I didn't realise so much pink fabric existed in the world, let alone the miasma of face powder and perfume that trailed behind her!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, rs2man said:

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed it doesn't include wings and lights to allow a road going version to be built .

Don't let it stop you buying one!

Cycle wings have to be the easiest thing to mould or vacform on a wooden former, you could turn up a disc shaped former on a drill, cut it in half and do two at once, all 4 wings are identical. Some wire supports and Bobs your best mate.

Make headlight bowls similarly, period lenses would probably have been clear glass? - simples!

Having done a quick image search, (as @malpaso mentioned), 90% of real 35b's did not or do not appear have them, so I guess thats why they are not included.

Do you have a particular car you want to model?

M.

At Telford today the Italeri/Tamiya distributors had a mid morning delivery which included the main sprues for the Bugatti 35 and I have to say they looked great and included two frets of PE.

I think one was missing because I could not find the horseshoe radiator surround.

Sadly the completed model that came with the sprues had been damaged in transit, so was not on display (unless requested), but as we left someone was hard at work repairing it as it appeared to only be glue joints that had come apart, so if you are at SMW on Sunday you should be able to see a beautifully completed OOB example of the kit.

I managed to take a lot of photos of a real Bug35 at the NEC on Thursday so I can see me getting one....!

Malc.

• Like 1

I saw the sprues and asked the guys there to take some feedback. It was only about the seat and how plain and 'un-sat in' it looked. I'll be doing some mods with epoxy putty and a dremel to get the effect but it would be nice to have a seat that didn't look so perfect. The Alfa Romeo 8C was the same.

I do hope Italeri continue with this range - so many great subjects from the period! 

Will definitely be getting a Bugatti, the Alfa didn’t float my boat so much (now a P3 and you’re talking!), great companions for the Airfix Bentley!

• Like 2

Who would have thought we would be getting any 1920s/1930s sports/racers in 1/12? Any would be a blessing.

One of my real favourites is the Austin 750cc Twin Cam. A fantastic racer in miniature.

Some art deco cars (such as the Bugatti 57 Atlantic) and streamliners (such as the MG EX135) would be brilliant.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

One of my real favourites is the Austin 750cc Twin Cam. A fantastic racer in miniature.

Any of the Austin Seven racers would be good , it doesn't have to be the Twin Cam .  

Sorry, but this old stuff doesn't do much for me.

60s classics are more my thing.

Lotus Cortina, Mini Cooper S, in 1/12th scale would get my attention.

Cheers,

Alan

• Like 1

In anticipation of this kit, I've just bought the Haynes workshop manual written by Chas Parker.

It can still be found new for around £11.00 delivered.

'Model Shop Leeds'  pre-order price is rather tempting;  has anybody had any dealing with them?

3 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

On the evidence so far, they are far more likely to kit something Italian (Bugatti notwithstanding...). My money's on an Alfa 159 or Lancia Stratos next, with an outside (but very welcome) chance of a Maserati 250F...

best.

M.

We had discussed future Italeri releases elsewhere when the Delta came out. It is still quite easy to get a Doyusha/Nitto 1/12 Stratos on that well known auction site, so I wonder if Italeri would go for that. I do agree that an Italian subject would make sense, but bearing in mind they also made the Fiat/Abarth 500,  perhaps a 60s Alfa spider? A Delta S4 would be welcome as the MFH kit is fantastic, but it comes at a price!

I was actually thinking that it was a bit odd that Italeri never did the P3.

The two 8c's are nice, but the final model was not released for some reason.

(Granted, you could then say the 8c line should continue to the 8c-35, but....)

Whatever it is, I do not think it will be a rare car. Italeri has been producing the "safe bets" of the very famous poster cars, so whatever it will be, it will not be a rare car like an ERA prototype.

Edited by SprueMan