Soiled Trousers...

That’s really rather nice. 

By coincidence I was looking through an old box of photos and came across an early photo effort of mine from my teens. A poor contrast enlargement of five lightnings in formation at a show which must have been either Leuchars or Prestwick from the late 60’s early 70’s and yes it was noisy. Gone all dewy eyed now 

• Thanks 1

That is absolutely fantastic! 

Love the description putting that false memory of seeing nine of them displaying at an Air Tattoo maybe? Well, didn't the Firebirds do exactly that at Wattisham? 

May I be responsible in recommending a Red Arrows Typhoon next? 😉

Martin 

• Thanks 1

Supreme finish, the paint looks just right and I can't decide which one looks better, they both look right!

Why not send the pics off to the RAF and see if you can get a job designing colour schemes for future aircraft :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think they would have invented the concept of "Wealth & Safety" the day that nine Lightnings did their first display! Having said that, it would be an event that aviation enthusiasts would still be talking about, with a very misty-eyed look.

Cheers. 

Chris.

• Thanks 1

From your pictures this build looks flawless.  Incredible paint job and this is not an easy one to get right.  And the white on the decals are perfect.  I would be curious as to the decals you used.  I have a set of decals to do this on my Airfix TSR2 - it's a great scheme fiction or not, it just looks great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! I saw a Lightning at a show at RAF Mildenhall in '68 or so. Fly to Air Show Center and stand on end, Full Afterburner and head straight up, just as you describe.  That was probably the loudest aircraft I have ever heard, including the F-100s stationed at RAF Lakenheath at the time... Nice job of representing the Red Arrows in a WIF. The Lightning was raw power personified!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1