Tamiya Panzer II Ausf. A

Here is the Tamiya Pz II Ausf. C (Polish Campaign) kit backdated to an Ausf. A.  The kit actually has most of the parts necessary to build any version from an Ausf. c to an Ausf. C, even though Tamiya never mentions the Ausf.c parts in either version of this kit.

I added the Dragon/Cyberhobby interior to the hull and used Dragon Magic Tracks in place of the kit tracks.

52460211316_430eec82a6_b.jpg 52459690257_9b826a71e3_b.jpg 52460744743_4053bc42ec_b.jpg 52462939313_3cce9efd22_b.jpg 52460659065_7ee0aced2b_b.jpg 52462858920_68b520fb31_b.jpg 52460475529_169ec4cef5_b.jpg

I am currently working on the French Campaign version of this kit-they are fun little builds.

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 56
  • Thanks 2

Great work on that Panzer II.

Pz.II is a lovely tank overall, and your model does it justice.

I especially like the paintwork, weathering and the overall look you have achieved.

Kristjan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fittedkitchens said:

That's excellent. The brown & grey camo looks really well. 

What was the reason behind not using the Tamiya tracks? Did the link and length has some problems?

-No, just that the detail was better on the Dragon tracks.  I’m not a big fan of link and length, although the Tamiya ones look better than most.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the spirit of “as soon as I do something the hard way, I find that an easier solution already existed”, I just picked up Dragon’s Pz II Ausf. C and although the decals aren’t correct for that kit, the markings for this tank are on that decal sheet, which would’ve saved me painting some of them on!  Oh well…!

• 2 weeks later...