Ahoj from the UK south coast

Andrew Patmore

Hi,

I am a very part time modeller with it being my second hobby, though used to model a lot and still have a lot of my old paints, etc.

I am self confessed old school and have not moved onto an airbrush, still using brushes. Also dabbled with acrylics but prefer enamels. Maybe I could be convinced.

Andrew

• Like 2

Gidday Arnold,

In the past yes. I probably went through half of Airfix’s 1/600 range at one time, some of them even floated in the bath. If I did that now the wife would add it to the list for the divorce.

Aeroplanes are my main interest, mostly 1/72, though I have done a couple of 1/48 which are more forgiving in some ways and I will do some more. Also done the odd tank, figures, Apollo spaceship etc.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2022 at 13:00, Andrew Patmore said:

... used to model a lot and still have a lot of my old paints, etc.

I am self confessed old school and have not moved onto an airbrush, still using brushes. Also dabbled with acrylics but prefer enamels. Maybe I could be convinced.

Me too in all respects!  Welcome to the forum.  :welcome:

Thank you Neddy.

That’s a good question, Mark.
When I first looked at this forum, I picked up from somewhere that it started in Czechoslovakia. Now I can find absolutely no connection with eastern Europe at all. Doh! Was it even this site? What a plonker.

That is actually a good idea for an avatar. Should it be a picture of ‘Plonker’ Rodney, or ‘Stupid Boy’ Pike.

Another thought. Shrek. As in ‘I should have Czech myself before Shrek myself’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...