1/48 B-24D Ready and Willing (aka- Silver Streak)

3 hours ago, Covjets13 said:

Hi all,

Heres my latest completion, the good old Monogram 1/48 B-24D. It sure wasn’t an easy build, lots of parts fitted where they touched, I even had to resort to wood working clamps to get the fuz to join. I removed all the raised detail, then rescribed and re-riveted the whole airframe. I turned the rear turret around and builds the lights inside. I also added the landing lights, swopped the wheels for resin ones and added brake lines. I used AK extreme metal and Gunze / Tamiya paints and all the zig zags and markings where custom masks made by my lovely wife. 
KzrccH5.jpg

6PK022k.jpg

dbK4PAd.jpg

ou7D0hn.jpg

AWavAcD.jpg

JlNl9Kr.jpg

oyphH18.jpg

GFRhZ0H.jpg

TGMzU1a.jpg

PjpFKwB.jpg

YX1l3a3.jpg

a6hbC4Z.jpg

X8w4l6o.jpg

Thanks for looking

cheers Si 

What a big beast, nice

Alain

Wow! I am really impressed with that! Like someone above said! Looking at the amount of work that's gone into it even before you started the painting. 

I've still got that same kit which I started re-scribing & a going over with the riveter. I know how much work you've put into that kit. I've just built & riveted the wings & it's been put back in the box!  Don't tell Frank! It will get built - one day!😆 

As for the zigzag masking, you are a very lucky man! Perfect teamwork! 

Martin 

First, I am so impressed you chose to do a formation ship with its highly complex paint scheme.  You are a brave man.  Then, you took it upon yourself to rescribe and revit it.  This is not a small model.  Add to this the aftermarket detail added; your efforts are great on this kit and it really looks the part.  This is a beautiful rendition of a variety of the B-24 that isn't featured much.  Thank you so much for sharing.