Hello again

The original Kit Builder

i wasn't about when the big change happened, so missed it.

When I tried to use my old log in, it wouldn't work, obviously, because of the new requirement for an email address. Because I hadn't by then registered one, I couldn't get in to do so and entering it in the log in box was therefore futile.

When I tried to set up a new account using the new requirements, the system wouldn't let me have my username because "This username is already in use", to paraphrase.

Creating a whole new account, with a new name was, therefore the only way I could see to reconnect.

If there is an alternative, or something else, I'm only too happy to take advice. Because I couldn't log in, I couldn't seek advice from the admins.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The original Kit Builder said:

i wasn't about when the big change happened, so missed it.

When I tried to use my old log in, it wouldn't work, obviously, because of the new requirement for an email address. Because I hadn't by then registered one, I couldn't get in to do so and entering it in the log in box was therefore futile.

When I tried to set up a new account using the new requirements, the system wouldn't let me have my username because "This username is already in use", to paraphrase.

Creating a whole new account, with a new name was, therefore the only way I could see to reconnect.

If there is an alternative, or something else, I'm only too happy to take advice. Because I couldn't log in, I couldn't seek advice from the admins.

Ok, we ccan merge accounts. The easiest way to have done this would have been to email BM beforehand so we could bypass the issue, or to create a new account and PM a mod with the issues.