F-35A 65th Aggressor Squadron reactivation

jzsn

Tried to be as close as possible with this oob build. Tinted canopy would been nice. Basically all of these 5th gen fighters are boring grey, so I was excited to finally see a less boring paint scheme officially introduced and wanted to build one as soon as one came out.

Thank you for looking

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 52
  • Thanks 2

Very nice indeed. Great work on the build and especially the splinter camo. 👍👍 It looks much much better than the standard finish but even with this the F-35 still doesn't excite me. Shame they didn't add a little colour like a digital blue Flanker scheme?.... that might have finally made me warm to the new Lightning. But no doubt I'll still be adding one to my collection soon as its fast becoming the 'one stop shop' next gen fighter aircraft for the West 🙄

9 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Very nice indeed. Great work on the build and especially the splinter camo. 👍👍 It looks much much better than the standard finish but even with this the F-35 still doesn't excite me. Shame they didn't add a little colour like a digital blue Flanker scheme?.... that might have finally made me warm to the new Lightning. But no doubt I'll still be adding one to my collection soon as its fast becoming the 'one stop shop' next gen fighter aircraft for the West 🙄

hehe yes, it still look dull compared to 4th gen fighters. The one thing that will excite me the most is in the Blue Angel paint scheme. 

Very nice and yes, an interesting colour scheme. although al the 'proper' lightnings were all over silver, well at least till the Sqn rivalry kicked in !!

Could always dip the canopy in Tamiya smoke, X19 will tint it nicely.

• Like 1

I have to say that's one of the best F-35's I've seen painted up. I'm generally averse to models of any version of the F-35 due to the unrealistic five inch thick scale thickness RAM tapes, but your very effective & well painted aggressor scheme hides them very well. Hope you don't mind me saying, but I'd agree with paulaero about giving the canopy a light tint. Is it possible to mask it off & give light going over? Sorry just sayin..😉 Apart from that it's superb!

Martin