Hasegawa newsletters 2023 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

12 hours ago, MikeR said:

Either way, I'd say Hasegawa are hyper focussed on the local market and aren't very interested in global sales.

Can't really blame them if that's 90% of your revenue. 
That Macross VE-1 though. 
Looks nice.

Jussayin'.

• Like 1

Which is pretty much what I was implying, albeit in a very round about way.;) Ultimately I see no point in complaining or wishlisting when it comes to the Japanese manufacturers, the culture which they operate in is very different from ours.

Mike.

17 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The last time the A-4B was released by Hasegawa was 2007 as a limited edition. Eduard had a limited edition boxing in 2015 but it’s not been widely available for a while. Personally I’d like to see an A-4L rerelease as that only ever got one boxing. Another A-4K release would also be welcome. Actually, if Hasegawa would put the B and C specific parts plus the avionics hump in one box you could build a B, C, or L.

I keep hoping that Hobby 2000 will come to the rescue on this. They seem to be working their way through some of the more popular Hasegawa aircraft and there’s certainly a market there. 

James 

17 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The last time the A-4B was released by Hasegawa was 2007 as a limited edition. Eduard had a limited edition boxing in 2015 but it’s not been widely available for a while. Personally I’d like to see an A-4L rerelease as that only ever got one boxing. Another A-4K release would also be welcome. Actually, if Hasegawa would put the B and C specific parts plus the avionics hump in one box you could build a B, C, or L

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to Hasegawa newsletters 2023 - 01, 02, 03, 04 & 05

The 1/72 F-111A "Vietnam War" Vark will tempt me... 

Google translator spits out: 

"Reproduce the aircraft during the Vietnam War from the American fighter-bomber F-111A!

The package illustration is handled by Mr. Tadashiro Kato.

Decal (Marking)

US Air Force 474th Tactical Fighter Wing 430th Tactical Fighter Squadron affiliation machine "NC113" (1972)

1 other plane"

spacer.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

Yes, but still the wrong scale.  

Exactly!

I guess I will not following Hasegawa's news topic any longer.

Companies from Easteurope overtook Hasegawa.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zebra said:

Very pleased to see the return of the TA-4J, I'll need to pick up a couple of those

I was hoping Hobby2000 was going to box the Skyhawks, then they would be a bit cheaper.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 6:18 AM, Uncle Dick said:

The 1/72 F-111A "Vietnam War" Vark will tempt me... 

Google translator spits out: 

"Reproduce the aircraft during the Vietnam War from the American fighter-bomber F-111A!

The package illustration is handled by Mr. Tadashiro Kato.

Decal (Marking)

US Air Force 474th Tactical Fighter Wing 430th Tactical Fighter Squadron affiliation machine "NC113" (1972)

1 other plane"

spacer.png

You'd be better off just getting the Hobby 2000 rebox kit, possibly at a lower price.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:58 AM, MiG-Mech said:

Companies from East Europe overtook Hasegawa.

A long, long time ago.....Hasegawa barely rates the status of 'also ran' these days, sad to see. Still, with companies like Eduard, ICM, Pilot Replicas, Zoukei Mura and Kinetic around things aren't too bad I guess. However, the one thing Hasegawa did do well was current 1/48 jets, which unfortunately no-one really does much of any more.

Edited by hopkp

1 hour ago, hopkp said:

A long, long time ago.....Hasegawa barely rates the status of 'also ran' these days, sad to see. Still, with companies like Eduard, ICM, Pilot Replicas, Zoukei Mura and Kinetic around things aren't too bad I guess. However, the one thing Hasegawa did do well was current 1/48 jets, which unfortunately no-one really does much of any more.

Current 1/48 jets

F/A-18E/F/G: Hasegawa, but also Trumpeter, Meng, and Revell

1/48 Tornado: Revell and Italeri

1/48 Eurofighter Typhoon: Revell, Italeri 

1/48 F-16: Hasegawa but also Kinetic, Tamiya

1/48 F-15: Hasegawa but also Revell, Great Wall

1/48 Su-27/30/33: Academy, Minibase, HobbyBoss, Great Wall

1/48 AV-8B+ Harrier: Hasegawa

Hasegawa has competition in most modern subjects in 1/48

4 hours ago, alt-92 said:

No, H2K re-release was the D & F 

I thought so.
They have re-released their re-release too because it was so popular the first time around. First production run didnt even come close to meeting demand and it looks like the second run will fall short too now.