Hasegawa newsletters 2023 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to Hasegawa newsletters 2023 - 01 & 02
3 hours ago, Homebee said:

The Hasegawa news for February 2023.

Source: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/202302/

V.P.

Great they're releasing the Luftwaffe Rapid Pacific 2022  markings Eurofighter, which took part in the recent Pitch Black exercise in Aussie. Spectacular markings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sebastien said:

Yay, a new 1:12 table!

It's designed so the girl in the blazer can be showing off 1/350 scale Trumpeter kits as if they were 1/32nd scale at a model meet. Or you wait till the 1/12th scale sausage 'n' mash dinner party kit comes out.

I'm in for the 1/48 Draken J.35Ö (and hoping they re-release more from that series).

Tony 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sebastien said:

Yay, a new 1:12 table!

No, it's a reissued 1/12 scale table. There's not a single new tool plastic kit there, just a couple of the resin figures are new.

The Liberator is going to be the equivalent of £33.00 in Japan, but who knows what the UK importer will charge for it?

9 minutes ago, Richard Humm said:

The Liberator is going to be the equivalent of £33.00 in Japan, but who knows what the UK importer will charge for it?

i used to buy all my hasegawa from Plaza japan at Japanese streeet price  but since brexit and the shipping container crisis their postage to Britain has jumped from around £10-£12 per order to about £50-£60, so no more hasegawa for me unless they pop up cheaply on ebay .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gavingav1 said:

i used to buy all my hasegawa from Plaza japan at Japanese streeet price  but since brexit and the shipping container crisis their postage to Britain has jumped from around £10-£12 per order to about £50-£60, so no more hasegawa for me unless they pop up cheaply on ebay .

The shipping price increase is not only for UK. I used to buy a lot of stuff from PJ also, shipping to Portugal was really cheap too,and stopped because of the same reason. I was going to buy the Tamiya F-4B there,since they are selling it for 42€. But then shipping is only available through Fedex or DHL,and cheapest one is 36€. But I think that box sizes has something to do it too. Because for smaller items,like Mr. Hobby airbrushes, they offer Japan Economy Air shipping, which would be only 9€. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 12:27 PM, gavingav1 said:

so no more hasegawa for me unless they pop up cheaply on ebay

Keep an eye out for Hase stuff on Polish shops.

Hobby2000 is importer, based there and it definitely is better priced than mainstream webshops on the mainland.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to Hasegawa newsletters 2023 - 01, 02 & 03
  • Homebee changed the title to Hasegawa newsletters 2023 - 01, 02, 03 & 04

There are some not-so-golden oldies on that April release list. The MiG-25 may have been okay when it was first released in 1978 because there wasn’t much information available on the real aircraft but it’s kind of sad that it is being rereleased now when Hasegawa has already reboxed the new ICM kit. The G4M1 is another reissue of the kit first released in 1969. The F-15E is their old and inaccurate kit, not the most recent release. And there’s also the decades old 1/32 Zero not their much newer kit. 

I must admit I don’t really understand Hasegawa’s kit release strategy.

1 hour ago, Acinonyx Jubatus said:

There is one currently listed on Ebay at £34.00 GBP 3-2-2023

Why do you continually complain about the lack of availability of this kit when they frequently appear on internet auction sites ?

The last time the A-4B was released by Hasegawa was 2007 as a limited edition. Eduard had a limited edition boxing in 2015 but it’s not been widely available for a while. Personally I’d like to see an A-4L rerelease as that only ever got one boxing. Another A-4K release would also be welcome. Actually, if Hasegawa would put the B and C specific parts plus the avionics hump in one box you could build a B, C, or L.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

Best summed up as "Home Market First".

Mike.

Well, yes! But somehow I don’t see the home market in Japan getting excited at 40-50 year old kits getting rereleased.

• Like 1

Perhaps not, but I'd imagine those are the ultra cheap and cheerful bread and butter kits in the Japanese market. They gain revenue which allows Hasegawa to do other things, which at the moment are the type of kit that has limited appeal outside of Japan. Either way, I'd say Hasegawa are hyper focussed on the local market and aren't very interested in global sales. More of a nice to have, but not vital to their apparent business plans. Certainly a lot of their reboxings are of Japanese, Japanese marked or foreign but Japanese based types.

Mike.:hmmm:

• Like 1