Citroën SM

Meet Robert Opron's iconic master piece; the Citroën SM in 1/24 scale! I have built the model from Ukrainian maker USCP's resin kit released only a few years ago. Overall it has been a very nice experience. I did do a few small tweaks, and the wheels, tyres and steering wheel are 3D printed from cad models drawn by Master Johan Brusefält and myself. I wanted to build it sitting at the very lowest parked level which also meant some modifications to the suspension parts. I also printed my own license plate decals, with the aim of placing the car in the Kyiv region of Ukraine on current plates, as a restored or well preserved SM owned by some Ukrainian Citroën enthusiast. I hope you will enjoy some photos. There is also a WIP-thread that can be found here.

SM200.jpg

SM201.jpg

SM202.jpg

SM203.jpg

SM204.jpg

SM205.jpg

SM206.jpg

SM207.jpg

SM208.jpg

SM209.jpg

SM210.jpg

SM211.jpg

SM212.jpg

SM213.jpg

SM214.jpg

SM215.jpg

SM216.jpg

SM217.jpg

• Like 43

Great set of pictures of an amazing car.  I've enjoyed following the WIP thread immensely and the end result is nothing short of stunning.  Beautifully executed interior, chromework not overdone, beautiful finish on the bodywork and exquisite detailing.

All in all, not bad.  :clap:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, galaxyg said:

Gotta be one of the weirdest looking production cars to come out of France. Great build.

And, let's face it, there's some stiff competition in that category.

Agreed it's a wonderful build that's been great to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb! I have seen many not only here in the UK but in France whilst travelling to and from the Le Mans 24 hour races. Smooth. Comfortable and Fast!

• Thanks 1