Saab Draken     @vppelt68

Fw190 / Ta 152    @Marklo

P-47 Thunderbolt   Marklo

Last of the Gunfighters    @Dansk  @Corsairfoxfouruncle

B-17 Flying Fortress   vppelt68

Czech mates  38(t)   Marklo

Leopard tank    @modelling minion   @PlaStix

Mig-25 / Mig-31   @trickyrich   @Col.

Now is the time to bid for the available slots.

2023 STGB1       Sat, 21 Jan 23       Sun, 23 Apr 23

2023 STGB2       Sat, 4 Mar 23       Sun, 4 Jun 23

2023 STGB3       Sat, 1 Apr 23        Sun, 2 Jul 23

2023 STGB4       Sat, 29 Apr 23      Sun, 30 Jul 23

2023 STGB5       Sat, 27 May 23     Sun, 27 Aug 23

2023 STGB6       Sat, 24 Jun 23      Sun, 24 Sep 23

2023 STGB7       Sat, 5 Aug 23       Sun, 5 Nov 23

2023 STGB8       Sat, 2 Sep 23        Sun, 3 Dec 23

2023 STGB9       Sat, 30 Sep 23      Sun, 31 Dec 23

Please let me know your preferred dates.    I can't guarantee that you will get them as there are some issues I need to take into account.   Marklo and V-P have multiple STGBs in play so I need to seperate them throughout the year.   I would also like to keep the two tank STGBs seperate.

I would also like to avoid conflicts with the standard GBs so there may be a bit of tweakage involved there.

• Thanks 2

I will have the Ju 88 etc GB going on until mid-February next year, so the Draken STGB could take slot 2. That'd space them three weeks apart, minus the inevitable two week extension :coolio:. If that'd be okay, then the B-17 STGB could take slot 7. Historically, that would span from the 1st Regensburg-Schweinfurt mission 80th anniversary at August 17 to 2nd Schweinfurt mission (Black Thursday) 80th Anniversary  at October 14th. V-P

34 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Just noticed hadn’t the Mirage GB hit 25. Or is it not an STGB?

I wouldn't consider it to be an STGB.  There are seven different aircraft types in there so it's really a full blown groupbuild.  Add to that the fact that there is a Dassault GB in the bunfight for next year.

Just now, Macsporran said:

What's an STGB?

It's a Single Type Group Build. 

Standard groupbuilds can have a very wide scope.  Things such as "Prototypes", "Desert camouflage" etc can be almost anything.

On the other hand, as the name suggests, an STGB focuses on a single type.  So we can have "Saab Draken". "B-17 Flying Fortess" etc. 

• Like 1

@Dansk  @Corsairfoxfouruncle  

How do you fancy Slot 3 for the Last Of The Gunfighters STGB?    I propose to bring it forward one week so it starts on 25 March, the 68th anniversary of the first flight of the F-8 Crusader.

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Due to my much reduced GB commitment next year I'll happily defer to @trickyrich's preference for whatever slot he wants the MiG25/31 event in.

Maybe Slot 8 to cover the 47th anniversary of Viktor Belenko's defection. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

There are seven different aircraft types in there so it's really a full blown groupbuild. 

I was thinking that might be the case as a Mirage III looks so different to an F1 or a 2000.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

2023 STGB8       Sat, 2 Sep 23        Sun, 3 Dec 23

Could we get this set of dates, the A-7 first flew on September 26th 1965. Hopefully @Dansk is ok with this ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

5 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Could we get this set of dates, the A-7 first flew on September 26th 1965. Hopefully @Dansk is ok with this ? 

I've already assigned that to the Mig-25 STGB. 

Slot 3 is available  I propose to bring it forward one week so it starts on 25 March, the 68th anniversary of the first flight of the F-8 Crusader.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Slot 3 is available  I propose to bring it forward one week so it starts on 25 March, the 68th anniversary of the first flight of the F-8 Crusader.

great idea, that sounds good enzo, and dennis 👍

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I just saw your post above so my apologies. That will work for me lets see what @Dansk thinks. 

oh and ps its not 'last of the gunfighters' (thats just crusaders) enzo it's 'last of the gunfighters/slufs' 🤓

• Like 1

Okay, we now have a provisional STGB calendar.   Just be aware that it might change slightly when the Bunfight results are in.  

FW-190 STGB                                    Sat, 21 Jan 23    Sun, 23 Apr 23             Marklo

Draken STGB                                     Sat, 4 Mar 23     Sun, 4 Jun 23                vppelt68

Last of the Gunfighters / SLUFs        Sat, 25 Mar 23   Sun, 25 Jun 23              Dansk, Corsairfoxfouruncle

Leopard STGB                                   Sat, 27 May 23   Sun, 27 Aug 23            Plastix, Modelling minion

38(t) STGB                                         Sat, 24 Jun 23    Sun, 24 Sep 23             Marklo

B-17 STGB                                         Sat, 5 Aug 23     Sun, 5 Nov 23              vppelt68

Mig-25                                              Sat, 2 Sep 23     Sun, 3 Dec 23               Col. Trickyrich

P-47                                                  Sat, 30 Sep 23   Sun, 31 Dec 23             Marklo, corsairfoxfouruncle

I need to source a Leopard tank and a Mig-25.  Everything ese is building from The Stash :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

That works for me. Gives me a reasonable time to get hold of a Draken kit at a reasonable price, my local kit exchange, Kingkit and eBay aren’t forthcoming so far, I’ll give them till Christmas then if they’re a no show I’ll order up one ( or possibly two) of the hobby 2000 kits from Hannents, afaik it’s a reboxing of a Hasegawa kit.

38 minutes ago, Marklo said:

hobby 2000 kits from Hannents, afaik it’s a reboxing of a Hasegawa kit.

It is indeed.  However the decals are of a far higher standard than anything that Hasegawa ever did.    And the box is huge in comparison to the kit! 

3 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

FW-190 STGB                                    Sat, 21 Jan 23    Sun, 23 Apr 23             Marklo

@Marklo do you have a co-host for this one ? Seems my one hosting option may not get through the bunfight ? So I am able to offer up my services for this as well as the T-bolt build. That gives me 3 co-hosting gig’s next year if you decide yes. It would be Fw-190, P-47, and F-8/A-7

On 31/10/2022 at 15:43, modelling minion said:

I'm happy with any date from slot 5 onwards mate for the Leopard, assuming thats okay with my esteemed co-host @PlaStix.

🇺🇦

Absolutely fine with me! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 1:49 AM, Col. said:

I like that plan. Oh @trickyrich...

arrr ok I completely missed this....actually the entire thread!!! :blink:

Slot 8 was one of the ones I just asked Enzo about 1/2 and hour ago..........we must be on the same wave length........hmmm  that's a scary thought!!! 

• Haha 1