B-25D Mitchell, The Red Wrath, 498th B.S, 345th B.G, Dobodura, New Guinea 1944

Nice job.  That Bomb group saw a lot of action and had some fun nose art accross all 3 squadrons.  I would say 498th is my favorite.   Thanks for sharing.

Geoff M 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing with us. I'd never seen the un-manned, fixed tail-gun position before - it must have been very hard to shoot any attacking fighters down with that, I'd have thought. More for a crew confidence-boost than anything else?

You've made a great job of this model. The weathering is subtle and very effective. 

Who make the PSP base? 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Viking said:

I love the worn olive drab finish, looks spot on. Nice little dio/display, the PSP  matting looks good, where is it from?

Another winner Russ!

Cheers

John

Thanks John, the PSP is Eduard 1/48 injection moulded, just have to paint it.  

2 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Thanks for sharing with us. I'd never seen the un-manned, fixed tail-gun position before - it must have been very hard to shoot any attacking fighters down with that, I'd have thought. More for a crew confidence-boost than anything else?

You've made a great job of this model. The weathering is subtle and very effective. 

Who make the PSP base? 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Thanks Chris, the rear gun was jury rigged and manned by someone lying prone in the rear fuselage. Academy gige you a twin in the kit which isn`t correct.

The PSP is Eduard 1/48 injection moulded, you just have to paint it

3 hours ago, Geoffry M said:

Nice job.  That Bomb group saw a lot of action and had some fun nose art accross all 3 squadrons.  I would say 498th is my favorite.   Thanks for sharing.

Geoff M 

Thanks Geoff, years ago I did one from each squadron, but they`ve yellowed and gone to the great landfill in the sky. Doing this one has rekindled my interest again, so I`m going to do same again I think. Need someone to do decals for `Stubborn Hellion` one day, that would look really sharp. 

1 hour ago, Zigomar said:

Great job as expect from you! But it is Dobodura, not Dobadura; Cheers.

That`ll teach me to put my glasses on ! Thanks Jean

• russ c changed the title to B-25D Mitchell, The Red Wrath, 498th B.S, 345th B.G, Dobodura, New Guinea 1944
21 hours ago, russ c said:

Thanks Geoff, years ago I did one from each squadron, but they`ve yellowed and gone to the great landfill in the sky. Doing this one has rekindled my interest again, so I`m going to do same again I think. Need someone to do decals for `Stubborn Hellion` one day, that would look really sharp. 

In the last year I also did one from each squadron.  A Monogram J gunship with eagle nose for the 498th, Accurate Miniatures C/D for Dirty Dora of the 499th, Another Acc Min C/D for Tondelayo of the 500th, and a Mongram J glass nose for Cactus Kitten of the 501st.  Kits World does some of these markings and Aeromaster did some too, though they are hard to find.  Good luck!  

Geoff M 

• Thanks 1

On 30/10/2022 at 14:51, russ c said:

Howdy all,

Finished this one and managed to get some photo`s between the showers yesterday

LFPgocC.jpg

My latest attempt at the Accurate Minature`s 1/48 Mitchell kit, this time from the Academy re-box

8tViLwh.jpg

Done as an Air Apaches Strafer based in New Guinea, 1944

TjsZga5.jpg

Mostly out of the box but with a few tweaks

HzTRzMd.jpg

The big one was to graft a Monogram forward glazing to improve the nose profile, which always looked a bit off to me in the A/M kit

Q1eHnT6.jpg

Replaced the nose guns with metal tube and added flash suppressors to the package guns

TvVceBB.jpg

Added guns and wind deflectors to the rear side windows, replaced the kits double machine gun with a single in the rear position

4D5ZEAz.jpg

and usual brake pipes, seat belts and headrest armour for pilot and co-pilot

iYeKmuZ.jpg

The decals were the kits and went on a lot better that usual Academy ones. ( I had an aftermarket set lined up just in case )  

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

Nice, well done

Alain

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rod bettencourt said:

Very cool Russ! I am working on the B model (A Doolittle raider) hope it comes out as good as yours. Thanks for sharing.

Rod

Thanks Rod, I`m pretty sure it will, look forward to seeing it 👍

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 1:57 AM, CivicSiKL said:

Great looking build. This is a tough kit, well it was for me anyway. Great job.

Thanks, Yeah it`s not shake and bake by any means, Actually the mouldings were quite good in this boxing, no sink marks or warped pieces ( unlike the Italeri boxing which was terrible )

Cheers Russ

Wow!  Love the kit finish and detail in the build process.  Well done.  Even though AM has some quirks when it comes to building their kits, if the instructions are followed, a good result occurs.  Thanks for sharing.  

I am intrigued by your Interest section that includes the "Secret War in Laos".  Which one?

• Thanks 1