F-35B Lightning II by Italeri/Tamiya 1/72

Hello everyone, 

I’d like to share my finished F-35B from Italeri/Tamiya in 1/72 scale. 

I built this for a friend as he said he didn’t have the time or skill and asked if I could do it for his young son… he gave me some after market decals so the plane could represent an aircraft from the 809 NAS. In hindsight and with a bit more research I could have made this plane slightly more accurate I.e. removed some radar tape etc… basically what I’m saying is, I cuffed it! 

I made a WIP post here. If you’d like to see more images then you can also find them here.

5oJFnHy.jpg

5DmPYwJ.jpg

jeIQP3c.jpg

VkZqW9Y.jpg

GwaeqBT.jpg

And here she is on my bench while I have a coffee admiring her!

v9ycjz8.jpg

Thanks for looking. I also made a build video  for those that would like to see.

Thanks for looking.

Tom

• Like 26

36 minutes ago, HansReggelsen said:

English is not my native language, so I'm not entirely sure what 'cuffed it' means :hmmm:, but I'm sure that you've made a great model! :D

Well done! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Thank you 😂 ‘cuffed it’ is slang, like ‘to wing something’… do it without preparation or thinking too deeply about it. 

• Thanks 1

I followed your wip thread from the beginning, you did a grat job on this modell, espacially masking and painting the RAM panels can be a pain in the bottom. I did it on my F-35A without masks and would never repeat it again.🤪

I still got the -B in my stash and I after seeing yours I think I will also go for a FAA one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

I'm English and never heard of 'cuffed it' either! 😂

You may have heard of off the cuff though, which is where it originates from.

Good effort on the model BTW, cuffing it is fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, _alfisti_ said:

I followed your wip thread from the beginning, you did a grat job on this modell, espacially masking and painting the RAM panels can be a pain in the bottom. I did it on my F-35A without masks and would never repeat it again.🤪

I still got the -B in my stash and I after seeing yours I think I will also go for a FAA one.

Thank you, as frustrating as the masking was, it was worth it!

5 hours ago, Sundowner14 said:

You may have heard of off the cuff though, which is where it originates from.

Good effort on the model BTW, cuffing it is fine.

Thank you!

Nice looking build!

I too, wish my work bench was as organized! I try to clean up after each build, but it never looks as good as that!

I also build cars, so that's what's in the pic- paints and supplies in the wooden and plastic boxes to the right, airbrushes and compressors under the desk.

spacer.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, robgizlu said:

That is an excellent looking Lightning

Rob

Thank you Rob.

1 hour ago, Dave Klaatu said:

Nice looking build!

I too, wish my work bench was as organized! I try to clean up after each build, but it never looks as good as that!

I also build cars, so that's what's in the pic- paints and supplies in the wooden and plastic boxes to the right, airbrushes and compressors under the desk.

spacer.png

Love it Dave, for a few years I worked on a desk in my spare room until I decided that just after covid Id build my own bench in my garage. It’s taken me a while, buying little bits each month but it’s steadily getting there. 

Tom