Hasegawa A-6E Intruder

Next up the Hasegawa a-6E Intruder.

This has been in the stash for about 5 years and I have no idea where I got it from or how much I paid. One thing I do know is that I didn't read the reviews, as they are not favourable.

Apparently, it is from 1968, can't compete with newer models and has dodgy joints. Which is exactly the same as me.

The box.

P1110432.jpg

The bits.

P1110434.jpg

The seats! Will have to try and do something about that.

P1110435.jpg

The canopy. Which comes in two halves with a MASSIVE join right down the middle. I've already glued and "dipped" this. If it had gone wrong the kit was probably for the bin.

P1110436.jpg

Anyway... let's see how it pans out.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The cockpit! Urgh!

P1110509.jpg

Thought I'd have a go at scratch building something. Not bothered about accuracy, just want it to look a bit better than the OOB offering.

Used a couple of seats from an Airfix Hawk, some plasti-card and a couple of bits of wire.

P1110584.jpg

P1110585.jpg

P1110587.jpg

P1110588.jpg

• Like 10

You’re doing a great job on probably the first 1/72 Intruder ever made.  Stalemates says it was first issued in ‘68.  So be gentle on this veteran.  😄

• Thanks 1

Like we say where I come from: "It is in old saucepans that one makes the best soups!"

I am sure the final result will be great!

JR

• Thanks 1

I built this around 1978. Actually folded the wings and “detailed” the cockpit. I used a Monogram 1/48 wheel well roof from a Mig 15 for the area behind the seats-hey it looked busy! Still have it, on the bottom shelf…… 

Starting to look like a something.

P1110611.jpg

P1110613.jpg

Found a good reference for the paint as the Hasegawa ones are the usual black, white and blue.

intruder.jpg

There's a fair bit of tidying up to do, but apart from the featureless cockpit it isn't too bad for a 54 year old kit.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

A bit more progress, but I've got some dust ingress under the canopy. 😞

P1120539.jpg

The printed paper engine details look ok though, especially now that I've blown that spec of muck out.

P1120545.jpg

• Like 2