Tamiya Sherman M4 "sort of"

So, here she is.... my take on the Sherman M4.

20221028-105742.jpg

A really fun build that i enjoyed putting together. It's mostly OOB apart from the figures and the tracks.

The build itself was as expected from Tamiya, they go together pretty much by themselfs.

No issues what so ever. 

With the paint i kept it simple. Just a baselayer of OD with highlights and shadows. After that i did some color modulation with oils, added rust, dust, stains and spots. All the chipping was kept very light. 

The figures are aftermarket from a certain chinese webshop. They were a real pleasure to paint. 

Tarps were made with Tamiya epoxy putty. Towingcable was scratch build. 

Anyway, my goal with this build was to keep it simple. Nothing over the top. Work on my paint and weathering skills and work on my patience ( i tend to overdo things ) 

I'm happy with how she turned out. A dusty, battlefield used Sherman. 

So here are the photo's. I hope you enjoy them. Feel free to comment. 

Tnx all for following my buildlog and for taking the time to read and write.

On to the next one!!! 

Cheers! 👍👍👍

20221028-105929.jpg

20221028-110003.jpg

20221028-110025.jpg

20221028-110041.jpg

20221028-110111.jpg

20221028-110147.jpg

20221028-110217.jpg

20221028-110345.jpg

20221028-110425.jpg

20221028-110435.jpg

20221028-110647.jpg

Edited by Maddoxx77
  • Like 40
  • Thanks 3

As an exercise in painting and weathering, you've done an excellent job. Nice work. Now all you need to do is get your credit card out, and look up some of those Asuka Shermans. They'll keep you going for a while.

John.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

As an exercise in painting and weathering, you've done an excellent job. Nice work. Now all you need to do is get your credit card out, and look up some of those Asuka Shermans. They'll keep you going for a while.

John.

I would love to build more Shermans in the future. ( i'm leaning towards the easy 8 from RFM ) so i'll keep your tip in mind. 

For now i have another project i want to start with.

1 hour ago, Maddoxx77 said:

i'm leaning towards the easy 8 from RFM

If the Easy 8 appeals to you, the Tamiya one is first class. I used it a a basis for my IDF M51 last year, and it is an excellent kit. It comes in two versions; WW2 and Korea.

John.

• Thanks 1

Terrific Sherman. The figures are great too, especially that chap standing nonchalantly at the front!

I'll second the recommendation by @Bullbasket. The Tamiya 'Easy Eight' is one of their best armour kits ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like your model. Stowage, weathering and figures. But i see some small drawback on commander hatch there is small injection pin mark which should be filled with putty. You should pay more attention for details. Small thing but its very annoying for me 😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Patrykd said:

I like your model. Stowage, weathering and figures. But i see some small drawback on commander hatch there is small injection pin mark which should be filled with putty. You should pay more attention for details. Small thing but its very annoying for me 😉

Tnx for the tip! 👍.

Hi Maddoxx,

A nice model to add to your budding collection, I think you can be proud of how it turned out, it will not be the best base to make an M4, but, it looks like an M4 and it looks like an M4, "for me, for me-dable" ...😅

And the figures, what a nice addition, I would love to do something similar with my favorite models... maybe in another life...🤔

Keep up the good work.👏

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...