Airfix 1/72 F.8 in Brazilian markings - Finished

Marklo

A355750-A-A02-F-42-E7-BE98-E785-B20-C0-CWell I threatened I might and indeed I have gone and got an Airfix meteor to go with the matchbox one. Most definitely a much more refined kit, but it’ll be interesting to see how the finished results compare.

I shan’t bother with a sprue shot as many others already have.

I haven’t decided on the scheme yet except I’m leaning towards camouflage not nmf, might even use the kit scheme or possibly an Israeli scheme to complement the NF.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ok having searched the inter web I’m between an Israeli, a Syrian and a Brazilian machine. I’m leaning towards the Brazilian as it’s a variation on US SEA camo. But I’ll have to print or spray the markings I have plenty of bits and pieces in the decal box that would do the other two.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Marklo said:

D57-A81-A6-C424-4-E79-919-E-256-EB28-E36Started on some artwork, you can seee where I’m going with this one. :) 

Any interest in doing some for sale ? I want to do a P-40 and P-47 in Brazilian markings and would love to get markings ? If not no big deal I can try to track down a commercial set if they're still available. 

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Any interest in doing some for sale ? I want to do a P-40 and P-47 in Brazilian markings and would love to get markings ? If not no big deal I can try to track down a commercial set if they're still available. 

It’s not that difficult to roll your own. I use Amadine on my iPhone and then print to an inkjet printer and then give them a coat of rattlecan clear varnish. They can be a bit delicate though as the ink is water soluble. 

if you let me know the sizes I could scale my insignia and send you on a scaled jpg that you could print yourself. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

9-BAA4-CB5-8-ABD-49-A9-A13-A-44-F14-E139

Wing assembly more or less completed. A few small gaps filled with perfect plastic putty the wiped with a q-tip. 

This is the point where I eventually realised I had assembled the cockpit floor upside down :( 

BEB72-FFE-36-B3-4-A04-BECB-B26-BCC79-FD5And this is where I fixed it and managed to close up the fuselage… :) 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 11:40 PM, Marklo said:

This is the point where I eventually realised I had assembled the cockpit floor upside down :( 

And this is where I fixed it and managed to close up the fuselage…  

😌 sigh of relief.

Nice to see the "hand made" Matchbox NF alongside.

How does the cat fare?

Cheers.

Pat

PS The kit is finally available in Belgium since yesterday (not at my LHS sadly). I decided to order it straight away from my fav "almost local" webshop who offers 10% discount on new releases (got it for less than 21€). I did well. None available anymore today!

I hope the clear parts will be OK.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

How does the cat fare?

Thanks for asking Unfortunately he poor Socks had Feline leukaemia and FIV and went downhill pretty soon after that, sadly we had him put to sleep a few weeks ago :( even the dog is missing him.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, PattheCat said:

I didn't want to remind you of a sad event

No worries. It’s nice to see that so many Britmodellers are also pet lovers.

And thankfully I still have Lilly my three legged lurcher to cheer me up  ( I think she actually misses the car too).

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 2:28 PM, Marklo said:

D57-A81-A6-C424-4-E79-919-E-256-EB28-E36Started on some artwork, you can seee where I’m going with this one. :) 

Since you did not mention it, I'll assume you haven't noticed yet, you need a set of insignia with the star green/yellow and also yellow/green; left and right wings are different.   Found that out today as I was adding the decals to my Brazilian F8.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Louise said:

I'll assume you haven't noticed yet, you need a set of insignia with the star green/yellow and also yellow/green; left and right wings are different. 

No I hadn’t a bit of a gotcha like the direction of the axe head on WWII Italian aircraft :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Airfix 1/72 F.8 in Brazilian markings - Finished