1:72 Airfix/MPM Gloster Meteor F.8

Navy Bird

Lovely work there again, Bill! I completely agree on the Alclad Pale Burnt Metal, I used it recently and it doesn't look much like burnt metal at all to me. Regarding the exhausts, hopefully this photo is helpful?

James

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Finis … great work as is your usual modus operandi. Many Thank you’s for joining us here in the build. 

Thanks - I hadn't done one in a while, so it was jolly fun. Then again, I amuse easily.     :)

1 hour ago, Wings unlevel said:

Stunning. Looks even better than the real thing!

You bet - she is all shined up for her flyover in the Queen's Coronation Review.     :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 6:42 PM, Navy Bird said:

I had a look around, and the Revell Aqua paints are available from Kitlinx for $3.77 a "box." Only four colours are out of stock. Amazon, of all places, have them as well (Revell GmbH actually have an Amazon store). I'll give some a try.

Cheers,

Bill

Megahobby in NJ also carries Revell aqua. Quicker ship time for us easterners.

Not sure how they compare price wise, but they're nice detail paints. Brush as nicely as Vallejo, but more robust. 

Haven't tried spraying them yet.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Missed this one entirely. Reasons - Old age, chaos of life, stupidity, not watching my six .......... or all the other points on the clock for that matter!

Anyway, I stumbled upon it it by immense good fortune, during one of my occasional sleepless nights when I was actually browsing my own and others Flickr accounts. Had a quick scan at yours Bill (always a great motivational activity) and I spied a Meateor I had not seen AND a Bearcat. Need to go find the Bearcat now and be suitably impressed by that.

So what can I say except another wonderful build, and a Meteor to be proud of I reckon.

Well done Bill!

Terry.

• Thanks 1