601SQ Blenheim MK.1F YN*B, RAF Hendon, 1939.

Evening all,

Today I've got the Cooperative boxing of the FROG Blenheim 1/1F ready for combat. The Cooperative boxing isn't ultimately worth much more than the base FROG kit imo - the PE cockpit details being all but invisible. I did add some detail with assorted Airfix Blenheim parts. Mainly this included the seat, panel, bombsight, stick, and rear cockpit bulkhead fashioned as usual from the rear bomb bay wall. It isn't perfect, but it's a good improvement.

Bar those changes and using Airfix wheels and turret parts, the result is OOB. Originally I finished it as a bomber before remembering that the B/W undersides were a fighter scheme and the fact that 601 doesn't seem to have operated bomber variants confirmed the addition of the gun pack, which was thankfully easy. Thus, the third of a planned 12-15 Blenheims is completed.

YNB Better pics

For whichever reason, there is a hint of silvering evident in photos of this side of the result, no matter what I try - silvering that is only visible from certain angles in the flesh. Odd...

Right, the rest. 

YNB Better pics YNB Better pics YNB Better pics

With this one done, I've gone off to work on something a little more elegant -

BB BB

Probably.

More soon,
Tweener

Edited by Tweener
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 1:35 AM, Farmerboy said:

If all your 12—15 Blenheim are to this standard you will end up with a wonderful collection, good job!

On 10/27/2022 at 8:33 AM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Nice work - good luck with your Blackburn Blackburn!

TT

On 10/27/2022 at 11:27 AM, keith in the uk said:

Nice clean Blenheim , Frog got the engine naceles spot on unlike the Airfix kit which were way too long.  😬

Thanks you three! I'm really excited to tear into this collection, if a bit overwhelmed by all the decal options I've got (which number in the area of 100 now!)

On 10/27/2022 at 4:34 AM, Dave Swindell said:

Oooh - so good they named it twice :fool:

So good it was named twice and so bad it's name isn't spoken! I'm actually starting to appreciate it's looks now that I've gotten about half of the pieces cut out and brought to shape. We'll see how I feel once I start scratching the exhausts, gear legs, and the like... :drunk: