Jaguar E type - Airfix 1/43 by fnick

Hi everyone

Here's my version of the above. I was quite excited when I heard this kit was coming out especially after seeing the good reviews of Airfix's latest 1:43 starter kits. 

I deliberately decided to do the same colour scheme as the 1:24 scale version I am currently building.

I'll let the pics do the talking. Excuse the poor quality but this was done with my phone. In real life you can't see the metallic flakes in the paint.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, Nick 

• Like 24

That's a lovely job, beautifully detailed interior and dash.  How on earth you achieve that in 1/43rd scale defeats me - I have enough trouble with 1/24th!  I'm glad you mentioned phone cameras picking out the wrong sort of detail, mine does too - the model always looks better IRL than in the pics.

• Thanks 1

Nothing wrong with the photos, particularly given you only used your phone to take them. The model looks pretty good too - you should be pleased to have that sort of end result at 1/43.

Incidentally, it's not just the camera which causes the flakes to look too obvious in shots, the light source does too. If you have a strong point source of light you will get that flake effect while a more diffuse light source will reduce it. Unfortunately, as car modellers we often want that point source of light to show off our shiny paint to its best effect.😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John. Yes it is a mini me version. I was thinking of calling it baby Jag but then the song would be in everyone's heads! 😄👹

The 1/24 scale version is nearly finished and as part of the RFI photos I will have a couple of shots of them together.

Cheers, Nick 

• Haha 1