Miniart 1/35 Austin Armoured Car - Ukrainian ***FINISHED***

Where is that "Wow!" button when you need one?  "Like" just doesn't do it ;)

Fabulous, just fabulous - the more I look, the more I see.

Ed, your Austin armoured car turned out really well and the simple vignette base finishes it off nicely. 

The local hobby store has a few of these Mini-Art Austin kits on hand and ever since I finished the Master Box Wee Warrior 72nd scale Austin and having seen your build, I have been fussing over whether I should have a go at one in a larger scale. 

cheers, Graham

• Thanks 1

@Stef N.

Bravo Ed. A very well made and painted model that. Excellent display too.

Thank you Stef, I really appreciate that, the model's amazing to do, I don't generally do bases, but enjoyed doing this one. I think it's something I must do more often. Now I'm looking forward to seeing your Sd. Kfz. 7/1 2cm Flakvierling finished, that looks amazing just as it is...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

Looks just amazing, brilliantly done. The weathering is really cool. Like the base and the detachable turret covers. The engine looks great too. All round fantastic job!!! (Mini art still terrifies me!)

Thanks very much Paul, much appreciated, Miniart are not that bad to do, they are fabulously detailed and such interesting models to do. If you have never done one before try a T60, they are a nice mix of interior and exterior and not that difficult to do...

all the best  

Ed

33 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Where is that "Wow!" button when you need one?  "Like" just doesn't do it ;)

Fabulous, just fabulous - the more I look, the more I see.

Ed, your Austin armoured car turned out really well and the simple vignette base finishes it off nicely. 

The local hobby store has a few of these Mini-Art Austin kits on hand and ever since I finished the Master Box Wee Warrior 72nd scale Austin and having seen your build, I have been fussing over whether I should have a go at one in a larger scale. 

cheers, Graham

Thank you Graham, you are very kind in your comments, it's very much appreciated. I would definitely get one of these models, you'll enjoy it. There are a couple of places in the build that is common to all of them where you may have a little difficulty, I have highlighted them in the build with work arounds if you ever need them..

all the best

Ed

18 minutes ago, Trevor L said:

Excellent all round. The more you strip it back the better it gets.

I reckon that must have been the first car with pop-up lights!

Thanks Trevor, that's very kind. You may very well be right with the lights..

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

That looks great Ed, a lovely build despite MiniArt's (over) attention to detail.

Many thanks Robert, your comments are very much appreciated. I know that Miniart do put in a lot of detail into their models, that's probably what appeals to me the most. I love building them. 

all the  best

Ed

• Like 1

That's turned out great Ed. The removable parts and the base make it even more special. The WIP has been very helpful and i will definately be referring to it when i build mine.

What's on the bench next?

George

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

That's turned out great Ed. The removable parts and the base make it even more special. The WIP has been very helpful and i will definately be referring to it when i build mine.

What's on the bench next?

George

Thank you George, that's very kind. I hope that you will find the WIP useful, the kit is really nice to make, you'll enjoy it.  Next up, I think may be a Panzer IV, from Miniart, I have a couple of these so will probably do one of them. Just need to do some research and I'd like to add figures and do a little diorama maybe. Lots to think about..

all the best

Ed

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That's a superb model Ed. The detail, painting, weathering and the base. All of them first class. Great job all round.

John.

Thanks so much John, very much appreciated, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with your build...

All the best

Ed

• Like 1

Lovely work Ed, I really like what you have done with this one. The base is a great addition as well. It may be a while before I get round to mine but yours is inspirational.

Wayne

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Lovely work Ed, I really like what you have done with this one. The base is a great addition as well. It may be a while before I get round to mine but yours is inspirational.

Wayne

Thanks so much Wayne, I really appreciate that. It's a really nice model to make, you'll enjoy yours when you get to start it I'm sure

all the best

Ed

3 hours ago, StuartH said:

That's turned out wonderfully well and well worth all the hard work.

Looks just right on that base and finished beautifully 👏

Thanks Stuart for your kind words, It's much appreciated. I'm not one for doing bases, but I have to say I really enjoyed this one, It's nice to do something different now and again...

all the best

Ed