1/72 Airfix Shorts Tucano T.1, No 207 Sqn

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovely job and those chocks are a nice touch...

2 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Did you get enough weight in the nose or stick it down?

Enquiring minds need to know, are the chocks what keep it on it's feet or have you managed to pack enough weight into its forward regions? it is a beautiful job with a superb finish & this from a kit with a slightly sullied reputation so I have to wonder, are you holding back on us? ;) :D

Steve.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Did you get enough weight in the nose or stick it down?

Hi John - despite putting as much weight in the nose as I could get in, it still ended up a tail sitter :rant:  I was aware it was an issue - so yes - sadly it's stuck down.  The wheel chocks were detail only

16 hours ago, billn53 said:

That's a beautiful, black bird!

I like your tarmac base, too. Can you give any details on that?

Hi - Thanks and the base is from Coastal Kit models  http://www.coastalkits.co.uk/newstore/circular-display-bases-200mm-dia.html

14 hours ago, Courageous said:

A detour into aviation Rob and you've produced a beaut, well done. Now get back to where belong...maritime.

Stuart

:D:winkgrin: could say the same young Stuart.  There iiiis an Harrier GR.9 beckoning me...........

14 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Enquiring minds need to know, are the chocks what keep it on it's feet or have you managed to pack enough weight into its forward regions? it is a beautiful job with a superb finish & this from a kit with a slightly sullied reputation so I have to wonder, are you holding back on us? ;) :D

Steve.

Hi Steve - so as above , sadly glued down :weep:  I thnk I was aware of the sullied reputation but my friend and I couldn't resist them for a fiver and it actually built very well.  I really liked the canopy framing and MDC decals.  Wish they'd appear more often.  I have a long love affair with BAe Hawks and this was reallly also a test to try to get the high gloss finish sorted before I start on some Hawks

Thanks all

Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

:D:winkgrin: could say the same young Stuart.  There iiiis an Harrier GR.9 beckoning me...........

I like the 'young' bit, thanks. Yes you are right about my waywardness but with some good GBs, I needed to do a little bit of 'shelf clearance' but hopefully the New Year will see me back onto the Fushimi Maru and others. A GR.9, will there be a WIP or will it just pop-up like this Tucano?

Stuart

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Courageous said:

I like the 'young' bit, thanks. Yes you are right about my waywardness but with some good GBs, I needed to do a little bit of 'shelf clearance' but hopefully the New Year will see me back onto the Fushimi Maru and others. A GR.9, will there be a WIP or will it just pop-up like this Tucano?

Stuart

Just a pop-up ;)

Rob

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...