Possibly easier cheaper head tracking: another opentrack/neuralnet facetracking setup

NoSG0

Some users love opentrack, or dont, others like smooth track or dont.  It will take time to figure out the best settings for your setup.  Remember to turn off any camera that you use for for tracking when you are finished.

Opentrack(free) with a webcam and it's built in neuaralnet(face tracking)

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases

A Reddit user posts their settings

This video shows you how to get 6dof in opentrack.  He uses a different tracker, but I followed most of his steps and was able to make it work.

This software works with your cell phone.  Cost Approx $10?

https://smoothtrack.app/

Edited by NoSG0
  • Like 1

I have TrackIR 5 but with a neck break accident and surgery with titanium rods and screws, am not really getting full use of it any-more, or VR for that matter, VR neck saver utility helps and TrackIR can scale down the amount of head movement needed, as I'm sure your suggestions can do too NoSG0.

Really must try get into my TrackIR and VR usage again, will never be able to use it as a good 'dogfighter' though with limited head movement.

I am sorry to hear about your injury.

I use the curves in opentrack to give my in game view full motion.  I.E.  5-10 degree of IRL motion gives me 90 degrees pitch in game.  10 Degrees looking left or right IRL gives me 110-120 degrees in game.

I've read that some vr sets have eye tracking?  Maybe time for a new HMD?

There is also tobii eye tracking.  Some have managed to make it work, others have struggled.  Bit expensive for my tastes.  Skip to 13 seconds.  D

Edited by NoSG0
  • Like 1

• NoSG0 changed the title to Possibly easier cheaper head tracking: another opentrack/neuralnet facetracking setup