IBG 1/35 KTO Rosomak

I will be building the "Green Devil" version of the Polish Rosomak. Not sure if I will stick to the box paint scheme or go NATO green body and sand add-on armour. Also I don't think I will start anytime soon which means the chances of me finishing are pretty slim, but will at least start as part of the GB

• Like 2

A solid start, chassis underway (some intricate cross beams and careful alignment of the suspension struts - glued to suspension arms NOT underside of hull) and then some bits and bobs of transmission etc... Kit comes with an engine but no way to display. I may build but leave out then paint later (may make a display frame for it)

IMG-20221101-212837.jpg

IMG-20221101-212745.jpg

IMG-20221101-212736.jpg

IMG-20221101-195529.jpg

IMG-20221101-195139.jpg

Edited by robw_uk
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

That's an unusual and useful way to begin.

Saw it on another build... if you wait until the hull is part built (full interior) I would expect some damage, this made more sense

• Like 3

Sorry Rob, just going through your thread so you'll be getting a few alerts. It's a vehicle I didn't really know about by a company I haven't used. It looks really interesting with nice detailing. All the best for the painting stage.👍

7 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Sorry Rob, just going through your thread so you'll be getting a few alerts. It's a vehicle I didn't really know about by a company I haven't used. It looks really interesting with nice detailing. All the best for the painting stage.👍

My second IBG kit.... Had my eye on this one for a while for the add on armour..... This is the perfect opportunity to build it 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interior a tad fiddly but looks the part when done ... Don't think I will weather it, would mean not more work until next weekend if I did.... Plus you can't see much of it... Thoughts??

IMG-20221120-154603.jpg

IMG-20221120-153325.jpg

IMG-20221120-153312.jpg

IMG-20221120-150150.jpg

IMG-20221120-150135.jpg

IMG-20221120-144716.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, planecrazee said:

You've done an excellent job with the interior @robw_uk  - it's the age old 'we know it's there' - even if no-one else can see it so it doesn't matter :D 

Some really nice details in the kit - particularly love the detail of the folding seats 👍

Kris

thanks Kris, and yes the seats are really nice - simple construction but effective... Am thinking I will weather and add a little stowage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanC said:

That interior looks great Rob! 👍 Presumably you'll be leaving the back door open?

thanks Ian... and yes back will be open (and roof)

• Like 1