Behind the scenes building the Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5

johnlambert

I thought this might be of interest, building the continuation James Bond Aston Martin DB5 with a few interesting bits on the colour and interior.  Spoiler alert, the seats were dark grey on the original car, not black.

It was interesting for me on a personal level, as I visited the Aston Martin factory about 46 years ago.  The place is unrecognisable on the inside, much cleaner and better organised than I remember, but perhaps not quite as charming.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Hi John,

Thanks so much for sharing this film. It has a personal significance for us since our son was involved in the production of the Goldfinger Aston Martins. He worked at the "Q" Division at Wellesbourne and got to drive one of the prototypes when they were testing it. So much work went into making them authentic that it's hard to imagine, BUT, they weren't allowed to have the extending wheel spinners, "Boudicca" chariot style, in addition to the precautions outlined in the film. Neither were they allowed to use real machine guns! Pity!

When they were taken over by AMG, all the special projects stopped. Perhaps they were just too frivolous for AMG's mentality.

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 month later...