Halcyon Alien Space Jockey TheB version

Thankyou Chris.

been struggling this weekend with the turntable. It’s all ready for moulding but I just keep staring at it asking as to whether I’m ready....I’ll know more when I start pouring stuff.

Astronauts!

Combined with a John Wick fest. Chapter 4 coming out and I’ve gotta say I fell in love with these movies at hello!

outrageously over the top and beyond!

in my humble opinion, these movies Keanu do no Wrong (best said in a Scottish accent)

👹

Edited by Theb
Addition

Found a pretty decent shot of the floor extension.

pNoMreG.jpg

I'm pretty sure that I want mine to be squared at the front though just to polish it off... May change my mind on that.

Currently awaiting (what I hope with fingers crossed) the last but one coating of silicone on the turntable. Should know maybe tomorrow as to whether I've just blown £70 or it was money well spent!

• Like 2

4 Days to mold but the good news is that I now have a solid,clean mold for the turntable.

Bad news at the moment is that I'm having trouble getting a clean cast. Having a ballache time with slushing the airbubbles out. I get real close but I want as little to no touching up on these. I purchased another Polyurethane resin that is less viscous and currently that is in the mold but I'm guessing that the casting of these is going to have to be slowed right down too so that I can concentrate my efforts on one problematic area at a time.

Pulling what is left of the hair on my head out right now!

J9hMyxd.jpg

Working on the stand for this thing as well (hence the ridge you can see in the centre hole. Figuring that it standing the same height as it will in the whole diorama will appeal?

Mike!   Sooooon, I can feel it in my bones 😵💫

• Like 4

So it would seem that it really did come down to something as simple as this.

bfzS9Gn.jpg

I've managed a clean cast...Yay!

Now need more Polyurethane as the more expensive stuff I'm going to keep for smaller things like,,, Astronauts!

Nw0xZhx.jpgcmI0wD0.jpgTuqNgeH.jpg

And the fallen.

Which will be corrected at some time.

aOCRjB1.jpg

• Like 10

Wednesday is a break day so hoping to nail the stand for the turntable and if it works then Mike, I’m knocking on ya door.

cricut software is up to its usual ‘add erroneous cut lines to my files why don’tcha’, so spending time also getting the floor extension file ready for cutting. That will be the last part of the main thing to do along with the acid dissolved floor bit for the turntable.

oh yeah.

The astronauts!

🧐

Edited by Theb
Typo

I did say that I was keeping this simple!

Yeah right!

mQOPys0.jpg

Last part of the main part... coming soon.

And then the Astronauts!

😅

Edited by Theb
addition
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Nice one! :yahoo: Now where's mine?  Not that I'm self-centred or anything :innocent:

Hi Mike.

Just working the stand part so should have that ready by Saturday fingers crossed. I don't know how I get your contact details on this forum so can you point me in the right direction.

Need to add some resin to the inside wall of the turntable for strengthening reasons but aside from that, I think it's good to go and I need your feedback on it.

👍

32 minutes ago, Theb said:

Hi Mike.

Just working the stand part so should have that ready by Saturday fingers crossed. I don't know how I get your contact details on this forum so can you point me in the right direction.

Need to add some resin to the inside wall of the turntable for strengthening reasons but aside from that, I think it's good to go and I need your feedback on it.

👍

I can sort you out with my contact details via PM, but you must accept some scratch for your hard work, as you'll have saved me an eternity of work :worthy:

A little side track but I was looking for a pic I took of the password stuff for the broadband cause I keep forgetting to write it down when I came across my other attempt of a dire rama 3d artform thingy.

msunbHk.jpgD2OLp1B.jpg

I was really pleased that I managed to find a use for the inside of a Stella can as it has the look of a flat grey shade until you shine a light on it.

39IXY9L.jpg

BGJJglE.jpg

Edited by Theb
Typo
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Ok so my thinking about the extension part of the flooring is that it works hand in hand with the turntable itself so with this in mind I've decided to put a cog mechanism type thingy on mine.

3vxyRDw.jpg

Kind of an in and out thing which is operated by an army of Giger babies that reside under the flooring in the pitch black of darkness, pulling the mechanism with the bare grubby chubby hands to turn the turntable at the whim of the engineer that sits upon it.

x78xbzo.jpg

zLify3i.jpg

Ijofs12.jpg

Gearing to be added to the front and then filling and sanding and hopefully in the mold sometime next week.

Astronauts!

B

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

giving some consideration to maybe bettering the gear for the base of the Jockey!

Don't really want to remold this part but if needs must then they must.

mO7jIr7.jpg

Also and consider this a public service announcement to the uninitiated (and I'm guessing that I'm not the only one here who's done this)

When using super glue thin remember that gravity will send the stuff in a downwards direction and that your hand that is holding the part will be the receiving surface for this glorious stuff to adhere too.

32iouE5.jpg

These were a bugger to release!

and finally.

I think that once the floor extension part is filled and sanded and then popped into the mold then I can consider the main part of this thing all done with only the fixing to the base and then leveling the floor area with resin to do before finally getting to grips with the airbrush to see if I can balls it all up right at the end.

NTciSAD.jpg

Astronauts!

Seriously seriously considering the possibility of getting these 3d printed if I can get my head around Blender. Saw some figurines today that were around the same size as the Astronauts need to be and I must say I was very impressed with the detail.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Going for it!

B6ffHD0.jpg

Needs sanding down to correct level but it works a treat in the whole thing. Couple of other little things about the original jockey I want to change (would do more but need to stop it bugging me... like it being a little to reclined but what the hay!).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've just caught up with all the silliness and awesomeness over the Easter weekend, and it just keeps getting better :yes:

General all-round good person that he is, Brian sent me a pre-production copy of the turntable, possibly to stop me from bugging the life out of him.  Possibly?  Definitely :D

It arrived this morning, and when I answered the door, there is sat like a cardboard and tape cow-pat. :poop:I took it in and started to attack it with scissors, and a month later (he packs things really securely) I was gazing on a big poly bag.  Another week of scissor twirling had the turntable out on my coffee table, and wowzers! :shocked: It's a genuine work of art.  The detail is crisp, blemish-free and super-sharp.  There's a tiny waver in the edge, but some time and a little warmth will sort that out, and it's 1,492.7% less warped than the kit part, which looks like an old non-metric penny that's been run over by a train by comparison.  underscale?  It might as well be in the next county, it's so small. :blink:

Here's a few pics I took, and I wish to Jeebus that I could find my goshdurned kit now :frantic:

spacer.png

It comes with a little stand on which it can rotate

spacer.png

and here's them both together

spacer.png

At some point in the near future I'll prop up the edges of the turntable and let it settle down flat, man-handle the interface between the base and it, and also find me bloomin' kit! :boom:

I can confirm wholeheartedly that this is well-worth having, even if it costs money. :o  If you hand over some shekels to Brian, you'll not be disappointed :yes: I intend to if he'll give me his PayPal details.  There's several quid's worth of resin in there alone! 

• Like 6

I just keep adding to my pain!

Taken the concious descision to make some tweaks to the Jockey prior to making a completed version.

Just a few tweaks!!!

And also cause I keep finding new stuff online... Bummer!

HW0CJQD.jpg

Original Halcyon version of the 'cannon'

FnDdhEK.jpg

And how it should be...

70ztZoJ.png

• Like 8

The layout is totally different.  They are still outies, rather than innies though, aren't they? :hmmm:

You could remove the old pimples and drill out the new locations, embedding some BBs of the relevant size to fix that though.... hopefully.  The "lip" shape is a little different too.  A bit skinny, particularly around the underside.

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure they are convexed as the other shots you see they are proud of the lips!

Tried a quick test with the end of a paint brush with a rounded tip dipped into newplast clay and poured poly into it and got a surprisingly decent result for the pimples. The lip part looks like it has a double line contouring it so will look at reproducing it thus. I changed back the side bits of the jockey to a state they were in…nearly and trying to enhance some of the detail at the ‘exhaust’ end bits.

will post pics tomorrow.