Halcyon Alien Space Jockey TheB version

On 12/02/2023 at 14:28, Theb said:

Thinking that the idea of doing a similar scene with the big Neca version is out of the question... For now!

24" long!!!! :shocked:

9 hours ago, Mike said:

24" long!!!! :shocked:

Trust me… That would take a up an entire room here so don’t think the partner would go for it unless I can convince her that it would be good for hanging the washing on!

Crikey.

Can't believe that I've managed to rack up over a hundred posts on this thing. Trust me, I'm getting bored with it too but I can't stop going at it. Coming up to 8 months working on it and now the hard stuff is getting smaller. Just tried having a go (for fun) at one of the bolt type thingys on the astronauts armour and boy, is this small.

Never the less.

I think I'm happy with the strap over part and have done an alteration to the wall divider bits to see if it makes for easier assembly. Fingers crossed.

Ordered some black Gelcoat too just to put the burner under me as it only has a shelf life of 6 months so hoping that it doesn't get anywhere close to that before I'm getting a completed and proper molded version of this.

The version I've been working on to date is to make sure that everything works and also for painting reference.

Originally looking to make 5 complete versions of this and see what happens. Friends are so demanding!

Mike... Hopefully soon with the turntable!

LySl7fe.jpght

Newplas clay in there to support the jockey because I couldn't find the sleeve that holds it. It's around,,,somewheres!

Edited by Theb
Typo
  • Like 9

Didn't have much time to do much at all today so I'm messing with bits on the side.

New wall dividers that I hope will work easier are in the mold.

Turntable still ongoing.

Floor extension work in progress.

Trying to figure how to do all the tiny bolts and stuff for the armour of the astronauts. This whole thing may be big but everything within it is really tiny!

t56PVeN.jpg

Messing with a bit of acrylic and artist chalk to see what I can pull out. Will be trying the airbrush and probably not best to be trying anything until I've primed in black but couldn't resist.

Very difficult to decide which way to take the painting as images all differ depending on the lighting and angle and stuff but I like the real dirty looking style.

Will be hoping that I can hit a happy medium but Mystic Meg keeps dancing and won't stand still!

PHiYjZ2.jpg

• Like 7

Oh the Astronauts.

beginning to seriously look into 3d printing at the moment as it’s come a ways from when I last got an interest in it. Don’t like the idea of not being hands on but sometimes!

• 3 weeks later...

Takes a while to glue bits together but getting there.

Now need to take the  whole thing into the garage to apply some fibreglass to the back to secure everything.

Not too sure how easy that's going to be as I've got to get it through the doors!

MpPjH2M.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Great!

Mac has finally packed up so need to fix or get a new one. Need Illustrator for the floor extension bit unless I can do it old school!

I love my Mac 😂😂😂

• Sad 1

Working with iPad to post pics.

bit of a learning curve even though it’s an Apple product it works nothing like a Mac.

f6bB1OK.jpeg

Thought I’d make a cake!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ok so the cheap silicone hasn’t yielded a very good result on the turntable.

ive got polyurethane in the mould now and doing just a quick slush mould thing so I can see where adjustments need to be made to the master. Good news on the master when I demolded, only a couple of bits came off so will reapply.

need to put in an order for the good rubber stuff later so hoping a bit more filling and then sometime next week for a proper mould.

• Like 1

New computational device has been delayed in delivery. Guessing adverse weather conditions everywhere so won’t have a new machine set up for at least a week or so. In the meantime will concentrate on other bits… and trying to get someways towards completion.

oh yeah.

Forgot Astronauts

And painting it.

🙀

Guessing that cheap silicone is ok and the hastily way I applied it was incorrect so going to give it another go.

order in.

awaiting.

oh the Astronauts.

Edited by Theb
Typo

15 hours ago, PeteH1969 said:

Great work on this.

Can I ask what are you going to do with it when it is finished and just how big will it be when finished?

Pete

Hi Pete.

Thought it would be good to get a few complete and sell a couple if good enough. The problem is how much time each would take to cast,assemble and paint. At least a couple of months for each. Turntables would be easy if I can get a clean mold from it. Should be able too at some point. Will see how it goes. The whole thing is a bit of a drain. Some days are better than others and I haven't lost heart in the project yet.😁

Think of a cube size of 54 cm. That's approximately how big the whole thing is. As it stands, I can't even display it here.😱

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mapping out the floor extension area.

Going to have to be a little bit me me me on this as there really is nothing to reference too other than little bits on the edges of images found online. Obviously it has to reflect the turntable but will probably keep as basic as possible.

Shall see how it goes.

88sk3rU.jpg

Will start molding the turntable between now and next break day, Saturday. Going to go slooooow with it and try my damdest to get it right this time!

• Like 5