Henschel Hs126 - Sabrekits 1/72

An overall pretty good kit, in particular as regards the general lines, since Sabrekits used the drawings of Eng. Lebl, which appeared in the Revi magazine n. 74 and 76-2009. The assembly is not the simplest and many modifications are necessary both in terms of the cokpit

and the exterior of the fuselage.

The wings have also been improved with various small details.

I wanted to create an aircraft different from the usual recce and, thanks to the Brengun BRL 72-247 resin set, I chose a machine equipped with a smoke system ('Nebelanlage'). These a/c were used in Poland in 1939, and then reappeared in France during the preparation for landing in Great Britain ('Seelöwe' operation). The model represents a Hs126 B-1 of the 2.(H)/31, which operated from an unidentified base, probably Beaumont, in December 1940.

Hs126 B-1 '5D+DK'  04

Hs126 B-1 '5D+DK'  10

Hs126 B-1 '5D+DK'  20

The camouflage is the classic 70/71/65, entirely brushpainted, using the Vallejo acrylic colors; the RLM71 in the photos have assumed, I do not know for what reason, a too yellowish hue.

Hs126 B-1 '5D+DK'  21

Hs126 B-1 '5D+DK'  31

Hs126 B-1 '5D+DK'  42

Finally an image of the lower surfaces.

Hs126 B-1 '5D+DK'  50

Hope you like it.
Thanks for your attention.
Giampiero Piva

• Like 54
  • Thanks 1

Superb build and amazing detail for a 1/72 kit! 

Congratulations.

JR

• Thanks 1

Lovely build. Even with a good kit, it always seems possible to add a bit more detail…

I built a couple of Matchbox ones in the GB earlier this year and the Sabrekits kit looks a universe away from them!

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for pointing out the modifications you did to make this model even more accurate and unique.  I like how you make it look so easy to do in 1/72 scale.  I have never heard of Sabrekits before.  Where are they produced?  Your Hs 126 is really nice.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

Only what I've come to expect from you, Giampiero... exellence.

Very well done ;-).

Regards,

Paul

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2022 at 07:07, Giampiero Piva said:

+++ The camouflage is the classic 70/71/65, entirely brushpainted, using the Vallejo acrylic colors; the RLM71 in the photos have assumed, I do not know for what reason, a too yellowish hue.

Hs126 B-1 '5D+DK'  21

+++

Maybe it's worth it to give it a second chance in natural light. To a person grown up with Humbrol Authentics the 70/71 looks a tad strange.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1