Harley WLA 1:9 Italeri

Angus73

Hi Guys, as last year I have started a new project for our charity auction event. Last year it was Triumph:

Gar4jDX.jpg

It was a great success, almost 550 GBP was donated as highest bid! So this edition will be based on civil version of this legendary bike. As of today:

1. front suspension

JRA0yJd.jpg

2. wheels

0bSur8i.jpg

izKpw22.jpg

LEOs2Tp.jpg

3. engine

VONISq8.jpg

AsSwD6m.jpg

9hwrJ4S.jpg

8RjOw3a.jpg

SssjcYD.jpg

8C6YDGw.jpg

8aW6Qi8.jpg

pPQNXJs.jpg

Best regards and tbc...

• Like 15

Ooooooooo those wheels , I would love to do a bike like this but the wheels would put me off and not sure I could do the replacement spokes.  

It's all looking great so far, fantastic work and congratulations on raising that money with the gorgeous Triumph.

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys thanks for feedback ;) the work goes on.... First comment to the wheels. It is pretty easy: 1. just cut of plastic spokes and make holes 0,8mm instead in rims and 0,5mm in center pieces 2. glue both rims of alloy together and paint as you wish 3. put the tire on, before spokes. 4. cut surgical needle 0,8mm and put them into holes in alloy; they must be enough long to pin them into tire from inside 5. cut and put steel cord 0,5mm inside needle, longer as well to reach the tire, bended 90o to fix them in the center part. 6. Smile ;)

Now battery

sR9demp.jpg

zsdgfYV.jpg

The colour, paint with one clear cote before polishing. I am waiting for decals, so once they are added, final clear cote and polishing will be done.

eSgicHD.jpg

JDKawEf.jpg

And it has just started to look like a Harley ;) the rear wheel is on, but just to keep it verticaly and to avoid colapsing

P7zu4pN.jpg

RMxV3Oh.jpg

LdpUSmo.jpg

jQtBzpH.jpg

Cables will be adjusted off course...

Regards and TBC...

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, a short update. I wanted to add something special to this model. So I have completed the speedometer and starter... and put key with HD emblemat into ;) So now it will be ready to "Kickstart my heart" 🤟 jut at the beginning and hopefully or somebody's else later!

aLnW1su.jpg

I have added an ignition coil with cables

6KbpCvw.jpg

And something special for future owner if he/she wants to have a cool bear after a joyride... ;)

I1CGLWZ.jpg

38hsPdP.jpg

I dont know yet where to put it into frame but no hurry, this will be decided later ;) 

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...