Daghestan Airlines - Tupolev Tu-134B-3

A Daghestan Airlines (Авиалинии Дагестана) Tu-134B-3 lined up to the row. I would say now, the dirty dozen. 😛 

This livery was on my bucket list since very long time, but this "one time released" and limited edition decal was not available since 2018. Then I was very happy this summer to find the probably only one example remained in a domestic market and get it through Kazahstan.

The original aircraft has been released in 1980. as CCCP-65700 and operated in the Latvian OAO based in Riga under Aeroflot c/s. Later in 1992. moved to Latavio/Lat Charter Airlines in Latvia as YL-LBH, and finally moved to the South-East region of Russia in 2002. to Makhackhala (Махачкалa) - Daghestan, where was flown until 2012.

This always dirty Tushka (RA-65569) brings back my old memories, and because a Tu-134 in clear state must be fake or unreal, therefore I also added a slight weathering as usual.

Kit: Zvezda 1:144 with corrected and replacement nose section from the czech AZmodel kit. (The Zvezda nose and cockpit section shape is unfortunately not correct, especially if you would use the radome nose version)

Decals: Ascensio, Revaro.

T/E flaps: LACI-ltd.uk  as always, alias Ladislav Hančar made from resin.

For photo background I used an old poster, and on the last photo there is my Tu-134 fleet still growing. 😛 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 54

Thats a superb looking TU-134.

Your collection is impressive...looks like back in time when those thunderbirds were frequent visitors on airports around Europe.

I can almost hear their distinctive sound 👍

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all of you the kind words!

To be honest the perfect and amazing models here in this site always inspiring me to get more and more realistic and precise built. So, I have to say a big thank you for all of you here and everywhere I can see others products... But I guess, this is why this (and other pages as well) site exist at all.

@Alex1978 Yeah, I still hear that noise inside and warms me up everytime. Brings back my old memories when I saw them in daily basis and flow with them or worked with them. Neverending love.

And the noise yeah... This is a video for their instinctive sounds that can not mixed with any other plane's...   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6SHmlSg8NA.

My next one in the row would be a Syrian Arab Airlines Tu-134B if I will have time to do. 😛

• Like 1