Meng 1/48 F-18E Super Hornet

Meng's very nice Super Hornet.  I found the model for the most, well detailed, with good fit of parts. The gun muzzle and tail fins can be painted off the model and then simply pushed into place.  The cockpit is perhaps a little basic, but was fine for me, building with a closed canopy.

The only let down was the decals, the stencilling being just random lines and black instead of the correct grey.
Decals are  from Afterburner and pylons from Phase Hangar resin

A fuller description of the build is detailed in my blog attached to my signature.

Thanks for looking

Bruce

Meng 1/48 F-18E Super Hornet Meng 1/48 F-18E Super Hornet Meng 1/48 F-18E Super Hornet Meng 1/48 F-18E Super Hornet

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

What a cracker! I don't think I've seen this scheme before, very eye catching with the yellow and black plus the shsrkmouth. I've a Revell Super Hornet and just cannot decide which squadron markings to go... for but you've given me plenty of inspiration. Top work on this beauty 👍👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

What a cracker! I don't think I've seen this scheme before, very eye catching with the yellow and black plus the shsrkmouth. I've a Revell Super Hornet and just cannot decide which squadron markings to go... for but you've given me plenty of inspiration. Top work on this beauty 👍👍

theres plenty of eye catching CAG schemes out there binbrook. Furball and Fightertown being two producers with great sheets

Thanks for the kind comment too 

Bruce

• Thanks 1

Nice looking model Bruce.  It really is good scheme (Having sellers regret on that decal sheet now ) 

I reckon those cracking reference images from that photographer guru mate of yours helped a lot :D