I think I'm Going to Need One of These !!

I normally build only 1/35 or 1/48 armor,but a 1/16 Tiger catches my attention at less the $150.00.It looks impressive and I think I will give it a shot as a one off venture.

Edited by Tojo72
  • Like 2

You're thinking of the already-announced M4A3E8.  This is the announcement of the next AHHQ kit, a Tiger.

The M4A3E8 kit has T66s, sadly.  There may be others later as Takom have done the tooling although this kit is sold under the AHHQ brand.  A VVSS M4A3 would be nice, and much more appropriate for WW2.  This one is a bit muddled as it has the muzzle brake, mantlet cover and T66s.  Yes this did happen but is less than typical.

But wait..........  There is another 1/16 M4A3E8 kid on the block coming from I Love Kit, formerly Merit International.  This one is just as confused as it seems to have T80s with the early large-hatch turret yet also with muzzle brake and mantlet cover.  Another less than typical combination.  Mate the 2 kits and end up with 2 more typical configurations.  But I sure hope the kit is better than the box art, which is decidedly hinky.  I Love Kit's Grants - their first new kits under their new name - are pretty poor.  I've seen the AHHQ kit for pre-order in the UK for about £160 whereas the ILK seems to be about £220.  It had better be sh@#ting Tiffany cufflinks for that difference as Takom are no slouches.....  I suppose the "Detail Up" goodies account for most of the difference.

spacer.png

On 21/10/2022 at 17:29, Kingsman said:

You're thinking of the already-announced M4A3E8.  This is the announcement of the next AHHQ kit, a Tiger.

Ah, that's because when I clicked onto the video, I only watch about 10 seconds, with no sound, and all I saw was Sherman. That'll teach me.

John.

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2022 at 8:50 AM, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

Tiger 1 in 1/16, Hobbygoss the cheap version about £90.00 but very very basic

Would agree it's very basic, but add in some Voyager Models or Aber update sets (not that easy to find, admittedly) and you have a very good representation of the Big Cat, at a much smaller outlay than any of its rivals. For the price, the Hobbyboss kit is a "bargain-of-the-month", IMHO

Cheers. 

Chris.  

PS: The Atak Tiger 1 Zimmerit resin set is pricey (around £40.00, last time I looked), but is VERY well-produced. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/10/2023 at 2:38 AM, Voyager221 said:

How are you getting on, if at all with the build. 

Cheers

Not yet,still got some group builds to clean up summer vacation and the like,probably in the fall.