AH-1G Hueycobra, `Pandoras Box` with M-35 Gun System, Vietnam, 1971

Hi Everyone, managed to get some photo`s yesterday of my latest completion

833iVZ9.jpg

My attempt at Special Hobby`s 1/48 AH-1G Cobra `Hi-Tech` kit

yYgGqEZ.jpg

Finished to represent `Pandoras Box` of the US Army, 2/20 ARA ( Aerial Rocket Artillery ) Vietnam 1971

PXirldq.jpg

Built 99% OOB, I say 99, I didn`t add anything extra but managed to leave a few bits out 🙂

gx3dLfC.jpg

Fairly trouble free build but with some very delicately 3D printed parts, which I actually managed to cut from their supports in one piece......

T9wzUwl.jpg

.......but then broke them after fitting, causing much swearing and gnashing of teeth😬

Txaih4P.jpg

The canopy is moulded in separate pieces, so you can pose it open, but fitted OK buttoned up with only minimum sanding

teX71kC.jpg

Glad at last, to be finally able to consign my old Fujimi one to landfill

5pdT9LO.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pic`s, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 59
  • Thanks 1

Good job, that looks very nice indeed!

I have recently received the same kit, how are the decals? They look a bit, hmmm, so-so on the sheet…

My resin seats also have air bubbles, a bit unusual to see these days.

Any need to reinforce the mounts for the skids? That crossed my mind as well when looking at the parts. Itching to start mine…

Cheers,

J

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, kiseca said:

That is a lovely build. I take it then that the Special Hobby kit is recommended?

Thanks Kiseca, Yes I would recommend it, it was a joy to build.

Cheers Russ

6 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

I have recently received the same kit, how are the decals? They look a bit, hmmm, so-so on the sheet…

Any need to reinforce the mounts for the skids? That crossed my mind as well when looking at the parts. Itching to start mine…

Cheers,

J

Thanks Jeff` The decals were fine, I used Klear/Future to bed them down, no trouble at all.

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Cheers,

J

I didn`t do anything with the skids, they`re fine as they are I think. I weighted the nose with three 5 pence pieces and they still seem ok 

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

Nice one, Russ.  The Cobra is a great looking airframe, sitting in the revetment really adds to the whole build.

Not sure if you have already done one but you could do a Loach to make a Pink Team.

Phil

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Nice one, Russ.  The Cobra is a great looking airframe, sitting in the revetment really adds to the whole build.

Not sure if you have already done one but you could do a Loach to make a Pink Team.

Phil

Thanks Phil

Yeah I done one, should have photo`d them together I suppose

https://imgur.com/b4vwzzt

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

Your Huey Cobra looks the part Russ, excellently set in scene! Not building helicopters myself, I'm still fascinated by their sinister looks, and the skills required to get the fiddly stuff perfect.

Michael

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Toryu said:

Your Huey Cobra looks the part Russ, excellently set in scene! Not building helicopters myself, I'm still fascinated by their sinister looks, and the skills required to get the fiddly stuff perfect.

Michael

Thanks Michael, nah! they`re not that hard, after all, I managed it. Actually the Special Hobby kit, esp` if you got the standard kit when it comes out, almost falls together. The Hobby Boss UH-1B/C if very easy too. If you ever decide to have a go.

Cheers Russ 

• Like 1