Good morning all

Rob Pulham

I have recently joined up and this is my first post. I am primarily a 7mm (1:43) scale railway modeller but having lost the mojo a little recently I started watching armour modelling videos on YouTube, initially to pick up panting and weathering techniques but then getting more into the vehicles themselves. In an effort to kickstart the modelling mojo I bought a 1:35 Tamiya Panther Tank kit but although I have made start and will finish it, I have found that I am more interested in WW I armour and interwar years than WWII and beyond. This also fits in largely with my railway modelling interests, as I am an LNER modeller and as far as I am concerned the railways ended in 1948.

Although I will do some  further models in 1:35 (I have my eye on the Tamiya MKIV tank and the Meng RR Armoured car) much of my armour modelling will be in 1:43 as loads to be carried on railway vehicles. To that end I already have a Hobby Holidays etched brass MKI tank and I plan a semi scratch build of a MKI Gun carrier as my first subject.

Regards Rob

• Like 4

Welcome Rob. You will find this is the place to be. If you get stuck on finding information on a subject your questions will be answered.

Not a armor modeller but have combined where possible in dioramas. My main is 1/48th scale aircraft but have mixed O scale in.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Thanks 1

Hello Rob … :post1: from the city of Chicago. I mostly build military aircraft from the 1930’s through to modern types. In a past life my brother and I had an HO layout and did that for many years. The skills are transferrable from rail to plastic so you should pick it up quickly. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1