Weird white flecks in W+N Galleria matt

jackroadkill

Has anyone come across this problem?  I matt-coated a model a couple of days ago and when I came to work on it this evening I found it covered in very small white flecks.  A little investigation revealed that my 75ml bottle was full of the things, which I found a little disappointing, to say the least.

Has anyone else discovered this problem, and if so, is it an age-related problem?  My bottle is about nine months old and has been perhaps 1/4 used.  I'd hate to chuck away and replace this bottle if the replacement was bound to come to the same fate in time.

Thanks,

JRK

The white flecks are the matting agent. Its separating out.

You could try adding some alcohol into the varnish to thin it and dissolve the agent back in

It will take a bit of time for the agent to dissolve and re-integrate. Then leave the container open and let some of the alcohol evaporate to bring the varnish back to how you like it

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Black Knight.  I've got some that is already thinned down with IPA and this has the flecks in it too, but I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and see if they begin to break down.  Hopefully they will and I can carry on.  It's a strange thing; one of the hardest things to do since I came back to kit-ruining has been finding gloss and matt coats that I like.  The matt Galleria has been great up until now.

• Like 1