Lamborghini Marzal does, or did ANYONE make a kit?

Stuondrums

Hi folks, I am out of my comfort zone here: I normally do aircraft. I am looking for a kit of the Lamborghini Marzal concept car. After quite a bit of googling I can't find a single model kit. I didn't suppose someone makes one but only tells folks after a funny handshake or something? 

• Like 1

Well, I never even thought to wonder if the Marzal existed in kit form?  I don't know why but I like the real car as an outlandish concept, so I might keep half an eye out for a 1:24 kit.  I was even more delighted to discover that the Lamborghini Espada has also been done in 1:24, so that's another for my personal hit-list.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2022 at 16:16, bentwaters81tfw said:

I have the Bandai issue in 1/20 scale in my stash. It's not for sale, but I know of one that is.

@Stuondrums

I'm really excited to say that thanks to Frank @bentwaters81tfw putting me in touch with the owner of this kit a transaction has (after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing via Google Translate 'twixt myself and a model collector's shop in Tenerife) been completed.  He's sent me the tracking number and the 1:20th scale Bandai Marzal kit on it's way!  I can't wait for it to arrive.

• Like 5

...and here it is, having arrived today...

spacer.png

From the looks of the box it's been in storage for a very long time but inside it looks to be perfect - complete, all internal packaging intact.  Well worth the effort (and the cost!) to get it here.

• Like 5

Apart from a slightly different colour scheme it'll be OOB, the original is such a beautiful piece of automotive art I could never bring myself to alter anything about it.  The only example was painted quite a cold silver but such a light silver it was hard to tell from white, so I've ordered Tamiya TS-45 Pearl White which I think will be a slightly more suitable colour.  As regards the interior, the upholstery was originally silver but they very quickly discovered the disadvantages of it (basically the silver wore off rapidly, often depositing itself on the clothing of the VIPs it carried!) and re-upholstered it in either white or a very light grey, one of which I'll settle for.  Dashboard will be dark blue as per most of the photos I can find and the carpets and lower panels will be dark blue or grey.  I'm not going for a rivet-counted accurate repro, just want to present it in the best light possible.

• Like 5