1/72 RAF Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 - modified Revell kit and “night shoot” diorama…

13 hours ago, Electric Indigo said:

Amazing modeling & photography! I did not expect the Revell kit to look that good.

20 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

Wow! Really great build with master skills. I did not know that this bird has so much hard points and carry such payload.

Serkan

23 hours ago, woody37 said:

Great build and those night shots are amazing, they look real!

On 18/10/2022 at 01:53, Tomcat101 said:

Great build both the model and the presentation were very impressive. :)

On 18/10/2022 at 01:15, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Absolutely love it- so realistic- modelling and photography is excellent. Well done sir!!🙂

On 17/10/2022 at 23:26, Richard E said:

An excellent build, your fifth picture could easily be a picture of the real thing.

Thank you all for the kind comments! 

12 hours ago, sroubos said:

Fantastic. I wouldn't be able to distinguish that first image from a photo of the real thing.

12 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

An excellent model and a very realistic diorama setting.

13 hours ago, DaveH said:

Excellent build, love the night effect....

DaveH

Thanks, it’s a great effect - now I have to try it with an older-era model to see if that works too…

9 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

I/72 scale you say. Are you sure the glue pot in one of the pictures isn't oversized?

Looks more like a polished 1/32 scale effort to me 👍

🤣🤣 thank you for the compliment; after working with that Tamiya quick-setting cement, I’m not sure of anything anymore! Potent stuff 😳

• Haha 1

Coincidentally I modelled the same aircraft, from the same kit (even using the same Airfix decals for its tail code and serial number) last year, though possibly from an earlier time period. On the other hand I didn't sort out the missing pylons (I did get some 3rd party intake trunking though) and generally mine can't hold a candle to yours, well done!

• Thanks 1

Fantastic Typhoon. The pics esp the night shot is especially gorgeous.

As for the load out, its fine. I have loaded the same configuration IRL a large number of times. 

Great work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, neilfergylee said:

Bloody hell fire - that hangar shot looks like the real thing!  What an excellent set of images.  Bravo!

5 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

I like everything about this subject and posting. Great job Mr Shearwater. :like:

Mike

5 hours ago, F-32 said:

Great build and a very cool idea

Thank you all very much for the kind comments! The Noy’s hangar is a great backdrop for this sort of thing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Coincidentally I modelled the same aircraft, from the same kit (even using the same Airfix decals for its tail code and serial number) last year, though possibly from an earlier time period. On the other hand I didn't sort out the missing pylons (I did get some 3rd party intake trunking though) and generally mine can't hold a candle to yours, well done!

Thank you - interesting re: the intake trunking, which seems to be the biggest shortfall with the Revell kits. I did put a little plasticard in at the back of the intake tunnels, but only a crude light blocking fix - I decided not to look / photograph too closely into the intakes once it was built…So I suspect you’re being modest re your version!

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 16:16, daront said:

Fantastic Typhoon. The pics esp the night shot is especially gorgeous.

As for the load out, its fine. I have loaded the same configuration IRL a large number of times. 

Great work

Thanks, interesting to hear that’s a common configuration too

22 hours ago, KingTiger435 said:

incredible work! A friend is enquiring, what did you use for the paveway 4s? Brassin?

@KingTiger435 thanks - and no, the only proper Paveway IVs I could find were from Air-Graphic Models (item no AC-141). I’ve used various LGBs / Paveway II etc in the past which looked close enough to me but apparently didn’t have the correct harness modelled. These certainly looked pretty good to me!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking, love the night scene, that’s actually me standing next to the jet! The hangar scene is beautiful, too good, 29s hangar is a bit more grubby. If anything, 29 wouldn’t have such a weapons fit for an OCU however, 41 sqn - defo.

very good build and displays buddy.

• Thanks 1

On 06/11/2022 at 20:14, alzictorini said:

Cracking, love the night scene, that’s actually me standing next to the jet! The hangar scene is beautiful, too good, 29s hangar is a bit more grubby. If anything, 29 wouldn’t have such a weapons fit for an OCU however, 41 sqn - defo.

very good build and displays buddy.

Thank you @alzictorini, much appreciated. Hope I did you justice with the tiny paintbrush 🤣. V interesting info too re the loadout, thanks. Can’t remember much of the hangars when I did a cadet camp at Coningsby many years back… too busy drooling over the F3s! 

On 07/11/2022 at 02:59, kapam said:

Top-notch build and most creatively displayed.

Brilliant work all round.
👏👏

Thank you!