New Zealand - best holiday ever!

thommo

6 days on a cycle tour which was much harder than we expected, then 2 days in Te Ana where I went fly-fishing in the snow for 7hrs a day while the others did boring touristy things 😉

My idea of Nirvana is to have a pristine stream all to myself and not see another soul all day. NZ delivered 100% !

Hoping to go back with a mate in March for another 7 days of trout-chasing.

Edited by thommo
  • Like 1

Nice one. My sister did the A to O a couple of years ago & very much enjoyed it, that clip makes it look like a lot of fun. Its on my bucket list for sure.  I'll pass on the trout, I reckon you're either a fly fisherman or not. I'm afraid my style is more along the lines of 303 spinner but I'd need to be darn hungry, I'm not a fan of trout as a feed.

Steve.

16 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Nice one. My sister did the A to O a couple of years ago & very much enjoyed it, that clip makes it look like a lot of fun. Its on my bucket list for sure.  I'll pass on the trout, I reckon you're either a fly fisherman or not. I'm afraid my style is more along the lines of 303 spinner but I'd need to be darn hungry, I'm not a fan of trout as a feed.

Steve.

Yes, I never eat my fish, just take a pic or vid and let them go.

But I love the hunting aspect of fly-fishing - spotting the fish, or a location you know they are likely to hang out then casting accurately to it.  Browns & Rainbows in NZ hang out in different spots usually.

Apparently they've added some new bits to A2O which are more challenging.  There was a lot of loose shingle on some roads which was a struggle on a pushbike.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thommo said:

Apparently they've added some new bits to A2O which are more challenging.  There was a lot of loose shingle on some roads which was a struggle on a pushbike.

That makes sense, some of the footage in your vid did look a bit more challenging than I could imagine Sis doing, I liked the look of it but will wait till I convert my Mtb to an EMtb or hire one perhaps, I's retired now. :D

Steve.