German night fighter "Operated by Regia Aeronautica"

Greetings from Italy.

Just finished the Eduard bf110 C in a strange unusual scheme as a mix of german and italian insigna. This model represents one of the few bf110 operated as night fighter by Regia Aeronautica "235^ Squadriglia" based at Lonate Pozzolo airport in early 1943. This airport was about 40 km North West of Milan and now is still in use but better known as Milan Malpensa (MXP).

The Edurd kit is very nice but I would say not for beginners. Painting has been done usign Gunze colours and spray finishing. Weathering is a mix of oil wash and pastels.

Decals are from the italian brand Tauro Models.

Enjoy pictures and please feel free to comment.

Cheers 

Andy

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

Very nice 110 in interesting colors.  And you are quite correct in the estimation the Eduard 110 kits are not for beginners.  These kits and their first 190 kits require preciseness in fit at the beginning or you will pay for it at the end of the build when nothing will line up correctly.  In your case, it looks like everything has lined up the way it was supposed to and your construction was spot on.  Thanks for sharing.

My compliments to you Andrea for a beautiful build and finish. I have often thought of building this kit and adding aftermarket. After hearing the stories from fellow builders, I worry that additions could lead to "project stall". Did you add much aftermarket to the cockpit? Thanks again 

On 10/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, 28ZComeback said:

My compliments to you Andrea for a beautiful build and finish. I have often thought of building this kit and adding aftermarket. After hearing the stories from fellow builders, I worry that additions could lead to "project stall". Did you add much aftermarket to the cockpit? Thanks again 

Hi, this kit was the Eduard Profipack so all photo etched parts were already included in the kit. Anyway I like sometimes to buy some aftermarket details for my kits like seatbelts, instrument panels etc. They are quite expensive but when there is the possibility to have the canopy open they help to get great details. Sometimes when these aftermarket parts are far too expensive I look at pictures and instruction sheets on internet and I try to build something similar from scratch using brass wire, plastic sheets, copper sheets etc.

Hope this helps and answers your question.

Cheers