Eduard 1/48 F4F-3 Wildcat

Hi,

This is my last building. This is the brand new Eduard's Wildcat

The surface detail is just awesome, and the fitting great. But in my opinion, the cockpit and the gear bay are over-engineered, especially the last one who is a tough part.

I used Mr Hobby paints. Decals are from Eduard box and were "peel of"

The weathering was made with AK weathering pencils (first time for me)

Eventually a coat of satin VMS was applied

C&C are welcome

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by BrunoD
  • Like 54
  • Thanks 3

Nicely done, and a very appealing presentation. I love this pilot putting on his gloves.

The positioning of antenna mast and blue formation light on the spine needs to be reversed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Toryu said:

Nicely done, and a very appealing presentation. I love this pilot putting on his gloves.

The positioning of antenna mast and blue formation light on the spine need to be reversed.

You're right, thank you!

6 hours ago, zaxos345 said:

Amazing outcome!!!

How were the decals? Have you noticed any problem with the resolution of the printing after pealing them off?

John

There is no real problem if you remove them with care. The printing colour are still deep after "peel of"

• Thanks 1

Super job! Thanks very much for sharing. 

How did you get on with the pencils?  Weathering is something that I'm not very adventurous with (Flory wash and that's it).  I'm interested to learn more about any "non-smelly" techniques.

Best regards 

Peter 

Fabulous kit (I really enjoyed mine), and you've done a damn good job. :yes:  Like the pilot and the deck section - I tried to find a piece of Eduard deck I've got knocking about, but couldn't :shrug:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Fabulous kit (I really enjoyed mine), and you've done a damn good job. :yes:  Like the pilot and the deck section - I tried to find a piece of Eduard deck I've got knocking about, but couldn't :shrug:

You've made a damn good job too. I bought the resin deck section more than 20 years ago, but I don't remember where...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Stickler said:

Super job! Thanks very much for sharing. 

How did you get on with the pencils?  Weathering is something that I'm not very adventurous with (Flory wash and that's it).  I'm interested to learn more about any "non-smelly" techniques.

Best regards 

Peter 

Those pencils are dry, and you've just to do some scratches where you want. After that you can fade the effect with a light wet paintbrush. If you're not satisfy with the result, you can completely remove it with a wet cloth and try again.

2 minutes ago, BrunoD said:

Those pencils are dry, and you've just to do some scratches where you want. After that you can fade the effect with a light wet paintbrush. If you're not satisfy with the result, you can completely remove it with a wet cloth and try again.

Thank you very much, I think that I might

Give these a go. On the list for Santa I think!

Best regards 

Peter 

• Like 1

You have captured the faded paint look of Pacific Wildcats.  I am really impressed as how well, even and consistent it is without looking forced.  It really looks like you painted the kit and then left it out in the summer sun for about a month to properly fade it.  Well done.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1