SuperSpitfire, Airfix FR Mk. XIVe

18 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Lovely Spit, really like your paintwork. Incredible what can be achieved with a brush 👍

Cheers

Markus

Thanks Markus, very kind of you. Pleased witb the way it turned out.

11 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Yet another wee beauty Chris,

It is truly a pleasure and an education watching these come together.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  really kind if you to say.  Always good having you along.  Thanks for your support and encouragement. 

6 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Great work as ever, Tony - especially your finish

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, very kind.  I am only Tony at the weekends😉😄, it's a cracking kit. 

5 hours ago, IanC said:

A stunning Spit. And doubly impressive in the way it's painted. 👍

Ian

Thanks Ian, it's a great kit which is always a bonus, always love the painting part too, very relaxing.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

you've done it again, stunning build and exceptional paint,

if you told me this was airbrushed I wouldn't have questioned it, how you achieve such smooth results with a hairy stick is black magic 

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, shortCummins said:

you've done it again, stunning build and exceptional paint,

if you told me this was airbrushed I wouldn't have questioned it, how you achieve such smooth results with a hairy stick is black magic 

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Thanks John , it is a great kit, I do love the painting process,  very relaxing and love trying to create what can be done with an airbrush,  with a brush, some can't be done with a brush, but am happy with what I can do.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

That's gorgeous Chris. I've never been a fan of the Griffon spits, but with a bubble top, I've taken a recent interest in it, in part from your build here :)

Thanks Neil, agreed not as pretty as a V or a IX , but these look much more aggressive and powerful,  awesome. 

Very kind of you. The kit is a good one.  

Chris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, opus999 said:

Chris, this is magnificent.  I'm astonished by the paint work and the subtle weathering.  It looks incredibly realistic.  Nice work!

Thanks Opus999,  very kind, its a lovely kit to build, which is half the battle won.  I thought as a very late war machine, I thought I would keep it fairly clean.

2 hours ago, Paulaero said:

Very nice ,I like the restrained weathering effects 🖕

Thanks Paul, I had to restrain myself a bit on the weathering side😉

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Not only does this Spitfire look fast sitting still, it was replicated to the highest level of realism.  Well done Chris!!!!! :goodjob:

Mike

Thanks Mike,very kind of you,  they Griffon Spitfires certainly do look very sleek.

Thanks

Chris

I’m slow to spot the RFI, Chris - but glad I got here in the end.  Thoroughly enjoyed the WIP.  if I could brush paint like that I could’ve saved all the money I’ve spent on airbrushes over the years (falsely economising on cheap and nasty ones mostly).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Simply beautiful. Having been brush painted she’s even more wondrous. Bravo that man. 👏👏👏

Johnny

Thanks Johnny, very kind,  you know you want one too😉

2 hours ago, Fritag said:

I’m slow to spot the RFI, Chris - but glad I got here in the end.  Thoroughly enjoyed the WIP.  if I could brush paint like that I could’ve saved all the money I’ve spent on airbrushes over the years (falsely economising on cheap and nasty ones mostly).

Thanks Steve, very kind too.  I do love a Spitfire.   I have been gifted an Airbrush by a very kind BMer although I have not been in a position to try it yet and am slightly anxious about using it. I do love brush painting and find it very relaxing.

Thanks guys

Chris

On 15/10/2022 at 20:01, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

I have just finished this one, it was part of an unofficial GB started by @mark.au with a few others joining too.

The kit is lovely although I had a few fit problems , that were my own making. 

I have added the hydraulic lines from the undercarriage selector lever, and some Eduard belts and round exhausts. I added some details to the rear wheel u/c doors.

The model was brushpainted using Humbrol enamels. I really enjoyed this one and have a couple more in the stash.

The model is the kit option Lazy Lady V /NH902 and the spinner was painted red instead of yellow after seeing some build articles on t'internet. The kit decals went on very well.  Some light chipping as applied with a silver pencil and the exhaust staining and dirt were applied using Humbrol weathering powders.

Here's a link to the build

Thanks to those who supported and encouraged me along the way. 

Hope you like

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Chris

Well done.

Alain

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A beautiful piece of work there Chris, wrong scale of course but being a Spitfire XIV you're excused, she really is a thing of beauty. 👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve, very kind , sorry about the scale😄😉, it's a great kit you know, could even tempt one to change scales:whistle:

The Griffon powered Spitfire models look very sleek. 

Chris 

• Like 1

A great result Chris 

Building this one st the moment I can definitely attest any fit problems you had were the kit and not you !

Not one of  Airfixs  better kits. It certainly needs more work than their other recent ones, but you’ve turned out a fine model

Bruce 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

A great result Chris 

Building this one st the moment I can definitely attest any fit problems you had were the kit and not you !

Not one of  Airfixs  better kits. It certainly needs more work than their other recent ones, but you’ve turned out a fine model

Bruce 

Thanks Bruce, wow I thought it was my errors,  in one way good to know it wasn't,  have another couple in the stash and will be ready for the next two.  

Have you seen the Paul Budzig videos for this kit,  he goes through it and it's very handy especially for the armoured fuel tank cover.   They are linked on the first page of my WIP embedded in my RFI initial post.  

Thanks for your kind comments 

Chris

18 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Bruce, wow I thought it was my errors,  in one way good to know it wasn't,  have another couple in the stash and will be ready for the next two.  

Have you seen the Paul Budzig videos for this kit,  he goes through it and it's very handy especially for the armoured fuel tank cover.   They are linked on the first page of my WIP embedded in my RFI initial post.  

Thanks for your kind comments 

Chris

I shall definitely check them out Chris 

• Like 1