Cats, they're taking over. Part 4

keefr22

Well mine is under the weather just now having managed to pull a muscle in her left foreleg fighting with The Enemy, a neighbouring cat which is bigger, younger, faster and fiercer than she is. We all know cats can be daft but you'd really think it would dawn on her that constantly fighting with another cat who is always going to win is not a sensible lifestyle choice. I suppose territory has to be defended and all that but it cost me £84 for a trip the vet to check nothing was broken and get a supply of Loxicom.

Of course she is expert at doing the "look how pathetic I am" thing with the injured leg held up, the silent miaow and the big sad eyes which magically vanish when extra food is provided.

Dave G

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

On Wednesday we had a power outage (or as the rest of the world knows it, a power cut). There was a sudden and unexpected line of thunderstorms and tornadoes that came through, and our power went out. As a consequence, work ceased for the day, and I was forced to lounge in a comfy chair, reading model-making magazines. By the time the clouds had gone, this young fellow appeared to take advantage of the sunshine. I present Percy:

Percy_window

• Like 18

Patch mid yawn but he looks like he's shouting at me to let him in! 

p?i=342b4cb94ef89b703fd25a79168d9453

He was a poorly puss the other week as he was off his food and was listless and very sleepy. He even let me bathe his eyes without protest so he was deffo unwell ☹ Was planning the logistics of getting him to the vet but we managed to bring him round with a worming tablet, Felix Cat Soup and cat nip spray! He slept a lot for 2 days and he's now back to his normal self with a lovely coat and bright eyes. Since he get better he's also much more affectionate and is now happy for me to pick him up to put him out! 

Have to say though he could now clear a room when he farts! 🤢

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 12

39 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

He may also just be stuck.

Nah, shortly after that he twisted his front end 180° to his right, taking his back end with him in the latter part of the manoeuvre, stood up & sauntered off. :shrug:

Steve.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Nah, shortly after that he twisted his front end 180° to his right, taking his back end with him in the latter part of the manoeuvre, stood up & sauntered off. :shrug:

Steve.

Just a typical feline poser....!! :)

Keith

• Haha 4

On 16/10/2022 at 17:54, fatfingers said:

Patch mid yawn but he looks like he's shouting at me to let him in! 

p?i=342b4cb94ef89b703fd25a79168d9453

He looks as though he would be right at home on the parade ground at Catterick Camp. By the right, quiiiiick march!

John.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

He looks as though he would be right at home on the parade ground at Catterick Camp. By the right, quiiiiick march!

John.

He certainly bosses me about like an RSM! 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 6:56 PM, Skodadriver said:

I've just noticed that according to Cats Protection (UK) today is Black Cat Day.

Happy special day to black cats everywhere.

To my regret, we never had a House Panfur. A couple of tuxedo's and variations of tabby's etc, but never a true Panfur.

I really must win the lottery so I can sell my flat and buy a house so I can have cats again. 

Edited by Bigdave22014
speelling mistaks
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, keefr22 said:

"Ha, you think you're getting your airbrush out? Think again...!! "

Nothing fancier than a rattlecan, I'm afraid! (I don't think she likes the smell..)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do chaps,

Well it was bound to happen... 

p?i=40e4311fe728219dbdb7c00d755f25e1

Patch fully made his way into the house today. He made himself at home and lasted about an hour before he shot his bolt by deciding to try and scrag the sofa! Suffice to say he was banished back to the conservatory until he learns the sofa is not a scratching post! 🤨 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 10