Panzer IV F2

Hi everyone! I finally managed to wrap up this Panzer IV F2 from Border Models - all in all a great kit built straight from the box with a few extra scratch built add-ons. Please let me know what you think, any critiques are very welcome.

CZubB5ozZZPqEdXxnF2iX18iNo2VVLt-XHsFtq__

V24MZzZbFqApjR9QZy4KVbLq1QyTpvATPgBn39Fp

fNsUXMQtpejriyXJjoIzEzYfmHTQ7ntlhHI8LllH

sM8KXr9kOZvr6Kf27XgRjMrYk_stc9myRZyF92Zg

-ZmybYuIpL-juuUBDePIt8fQySkY6lvpM4CJsQYH

RcG191rgXmNxGXtJbLFDWWe0lx7nSYo2_11z-Aqq

• Like 47
  • Thanks 4

Terrific job! If it was mine I'd perhaps add some dry pigments to the nooks and crannies, and over the sandbags, to give a bit more of a dusty feel. Great model as it is, though. 👏

Nicely done figure too - does he come with the kit?

• Like 1

@IanC thanks, some of the surfaces do look a bit clean - I'll keep that in mind for the next kit.

The figure's not in the kit, I think I got it from some hobbyboss pack of figures. He was a bit wide so he had to get some minor surgery to fit into the turret, but it worked out in the end.

A very nice job on the tank. I don't like the randomly placed tarpaulins, especially on the mantlet where wind blows could lift it and cover the view field of the commander. One would rather fasten the stowage items to the body of the vehicle, having in mind the strong winds encountered in the desert.

Great show! As it would appear I am the only armour novice, is the scale 1/35, or am I wrong?

I really like your work on this kit.

JR

@Zgubiony Turysta Thanks, and that's a good point and something I didn't think about - I got most of my ideas for the stowage from this image where there's some sort of tarp/blanket up on the mantlet, but there's probably something heavy on top of it too come to think of it. I'll keep it in mind for the next build

lO1XcgFHFaai7JUh9dOcUxLV8F0LAzMQ7kp_DqY_

• Like 1