RF-104G Hellenic Air Force (Revell 1/72)

Good evening guys!

This is my latest kit. I don't know what to say about Revell - I was expecting good kit but to be honest, it's not. Maybe some of you here had good experience with this one or maybe I just expected too much and quick build, 10-14 days. It really looks like Hasegawa and I believe it is a copy but it lacks rivets and some details, panel lines too. 

Couldn't keep it more basic as you can see. OOB with added seatbelts on GQ-7A ejection seat. Decals were big problem since Hellenic Starfighters had stencils written on Greek (left and right side under the windshield, control surfaces, etc.) so I had to improvise and make homemade stencils. Few of them are missing, maybe I'll add them later. Same goes for stencils on fuselage, they were not provided by Revell...

I will be definitely more serious with 1/48 - standard F version... 

All the best,

Nenad

52424737102_cae9674a50_b.jpg

52425697285_d9827cd68b_b.jpg

52424736762_795c27f314_b.jpg

52425696990_2506ea6f6f_b.jpg

Edited by Julien
No promotion of instagram or any other pages. Please read the rules on that.
  • Like 45

12 minutes ago, doxasg said:

Very nice work 👍

Congratulations 👏

Giannis Doxas 

Thank You Mr. Doxas! At the very end of my build, I realized that Your Starfighter is also RF-206 but too late for me to make some changes... anyway, 1/48 is on the way.

Cheers,

Nenad

Hi Nenad,

for all the imperfections you are listing, your F-104 is looking splendid. There is more to modelling than counting rivets and moving panel lines by 0.1 mm.

I am sure you had a lo of fun building it, and this is what matters.

I love it!

JR

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 6:59 PM, jean said:

Hi Nenad,

for all the imperfections you are listing, your F-104 is looking splendid. There is more to modelling than counting rivets and moving panel lines by 0.1 mm.

I am sure you had a lo of fun building it, and this is what matters.

I love it!

JR

Thanks! True, modelling is about having fun and be happy with your work...

👍

• Like 1

Excellent build, Nenad! The Greek AF paint scheme is quite catchy with that white radome, and I really like the subtle weathering around access hatches.  

I received the same Revell kit as a gift last year, although mine is a boxing with Luftwaffe markings. It doesn't look bad but it's pretty basic. I think the tooling is from the early 90s? Is it accurate, how's the fit? I don't know much about the Starfighter and I'm on the fence if I should attempt to build it.