1/48 1970s Harrier Pilot figure

Doccur

Hi all,

Does anybody happen to know if anyone produces any decent figures for an RAF Pilot from the 70s, needed for a Harrier Gr.1 vignette.

Cheers

Ash

Forgot to mention this will be for a pilot standing next to the aircraft 

Edited by Doccur

• 3 months later...
On 18/10/2022 at 11:45, Doccur said:

Unfortunately the Aries figure has the exposure suit that the shar are pilots wore in the south Atlantic, so no good for me!

thanks though

Ash

The once only immersion suit was worn with an LSJ by pretty well any aircrew operating or transiting over water. Above certain temps just the LSJ was worn. It would not be out of place chap. The main Harrier giveaway back then was most likely the flapped boots. Multi use immersion suits for SAR winch crew etc were usually much thicker and nearer to a dry suit. 

Edited by HAAFPhot
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 7:21 PM, MODeller said:

Airwaves did a 1/48 standing Harrier pilot in cast metal. Probably difficult to find these days.

Haha! I sculpted the Harrier set of figures in the early 1980s for Airwaves- 1/48 and 1/72 scales. I might have some old hand casts kicking around. I’ll check.

Al

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Al Gunthwaite said:

Haha! I sculpted the Harrier set of figures in the early 1980s for Airwaves- 1/48 and 1/72 scales. I might have some old hand casts kicking around. I’ll check.

Al

Thanks Al,

don’t go to any trouble though please!

Ash