Fiat G.50

Martian

I was at the IPMS Abingdon show the other weekend and was lucky to pick up the Hasegawa 1/48 Fiat G.50,a kit I have been seeking for some time now. I have got aftermarket stuff for the cockpit but seem to be drawing a blank as to as replacement engine, the kit supplying a rather lame half relief part. Can any of the BM massive point me in the direction of something I can adapt for the job. I tried Engines and Things but drew a blank there.

Anticipatory of Mars 👽

• Like 1

Vector product 48009?

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=All&q=fiat+engine*&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00048"

I would be leery of Engine & Things because the family member that took over the business don't seem to make new molds when required, so you might end up with a lower quality product (speaking from experience).

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

Thanks Guys.  :thanks: I knew someone would know where to look if such a product existed. Engine duly ordered from Neomega.

Grateful of Mars 👽

• Like 1

Strongly suggest you to take a look at https://stormomagazine.com before any job on your model. Hasegawa kit is the old Secter and has some heavy mistakes of its own. As I Know the subject fairly well feel free to ask questions if needed.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Zigomar said:

Strongly suggest you to take a look at https://stormomagazine.com before any job on your model. Hasegawa kit is the old Secter and has some heavy mistakes of its own. As  knw the subject fairly well feel free to ask questions if needed.

J'ai la maquette Flying machines du Fiat G50.S'agit t il aussi du modele Hasegawa/Secter ou d'un moulage propre de Special hobby?

Saluti

Giampiero

1 hour ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

J'ai la maquette Flying machines du Fiat G50.S'agit t il aussi du modele Hasegawa/Secter ou d'un moulage propre de Special hobby?

Saluti

Giampiero

non c'est un moulage d'origine et différent.

7 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

@GiampieroSilvestri Scalemates says it's based on Secter, but new tool. What ever that means. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/flying-machines-fm48004-fiat-g50-ii-serie--973321/timeline

Flying Machine is original, no Secter there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Strongly suggest you to take a look at https://stormomagazine.com before any job on your model. Hasegawa kit is the old Secter and has some heavy mistakes of its own. As  knw the subject fairly well feel free to ask questions if needed.

Merci bien Zigomar. Je ne veux qu' une maquette qui a l'aire d'un G.50 mais avec un peut plus de detail. J'attends l'arrivée d'un livre sûr le sujet mais je suis certain que j'aurai des questions concernant la structure de la baie de train d'atterrisage et de la fuselage. J'ai l'intention a construire une maquette assez simple toutefois c'est un construction de Martian et tout le monde sait bein l'implication de cela, :banghead:J'aivis la même intention avec ma SM.79 Libanais et on sait comment cet projet a deroulê.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martian said:

Merci bien Zigomar. Je ne veux qu' une maquette qui a l'aire d'un G.50 mais avec un peut plus de detail. J'attends l'arrivée d'un livre sûr le sujet mais je suis certain que j'aurai des questions concernant la structure de la baie de train d'atterrisage et de la fuselage. J'ai l'intention a construire une maquette assez simple toutefois c'est un construction de Martian et tout le monde sait bein l'implication de cela, :banghead:J'aivis la même intention avec ma SM.79 Libanais et on sait comment cet projet a deroulê.

Tish! You spoke French!!    🥰

1a96f86bd17deffc5a21885035e2da27

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Tish! You spoke French!!    🥰

1a96f86bd17deffc5a21885035e2da27

Cheers,

Bill

I do try and keep my tentacle in whenever I can.

Francophone of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

True fact. I still have a schoolboy crush.

Cheers,

Bill

You ain't the only one!  I recently downloaded a compendium from YouTube of Tish speaking French and getting Gomez all excited.

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Martian said:

Martian 👽

If you are searching a book about the Fiat G50 I recommend Ali D'Italia Vol.6.

Saluti

Giampiero

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri
  • Thanks 1

On 15/10/2022 at 02:36, Zigomar said:

Flying Machine is original, no Secter there.

Sector=Hasegawa=Pacific Model sprues (with resin cowling and detail parts)

Flying Machine perhaps used Special Hobby parts, maybe we'll get one under the latter label someday, like Re. 2005.

I do not recommand Sector kit, even PCM edition. You get a corrected cowling but still need to make deeper wheel wells, scribe panel lines, remake fabric looking of control surfaces.. unless you get a resin wing.

51 minutes ago, fernandocouto said:

Sector=Hasegawa=Pacific Model sprues (with resin cowling and detail parts)

Flying Machine perhaps used Special Hobby parts, maybe we'll get one under the latter label someday, like Re. 2005.

I do not recommand Sector kit, even PCM edition. You get a corrected cowling but still need to make deeper wheel wells, scribe panel lines, remake fabric looking of control surfaces.. unless you get a resin wing.

Long ago Mister kit had a resin wing to correct the bad one from Hasegawa/Secter, I do not know if it is still available.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, e8n2 said:

You ain't the only one!  I recently downloaded a compendium from YouTube of Tish speaking French and getting Gomez all excited.

I just so happen to have the complete series on DVD.

Just for educational purposes, obviously.

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zigomar said:

Long ago Mister kit had a resin wing to correct the bad one from Hasegawa/Secter, I do not know if it is still available.

I'd like to do some corretion with styrene tubes or cards, add panel lines according to some drawings. Resin replacement maybe hard to get and expensive..