Hi from Sydney

Dave64

Hi,

Just joined and hoping to share my interest in scale aircraft and some other model subjects. I enjoy learning new techniques for making my builds authentic and also like unusual and novel engineering particularly WW2 and post war jet age subjects.  My favourite thing is weathering after the ground work is laid with the tedious process of assembly, filling, sanding etc.  I find cockpits get in the way of a good project  and would be happy to outsource  this to any willing volunteers.  Prefer 1/48 over 1/72 and the fewer the decals the better due to failing eyesight 

• Like 1

Welcome @Dave64to the forum. I do mostly 1/48th scale aircraft and dioramas. Have noted exactly where your coming from on the failing eye sight. But have stolen the ideas and tools from the dental community. So welcome and you'll find a vast amount of information.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Gidday Dave, welcome aboard, from the other side of Oz. I've done a small number of aircraft myself but my main interest is ships in 1/600 scale. And yeah, I understand the eyesight bit, not as young as I used to be (nearly 66 now). You'll get a lot of help and support from the flying thingy people here. And the others too, if your interests diverge. But be warned, the sanity of many of us here is, er, somewhat questionable. 🙂

Regards, Jeff.

Hi Dave, from a currently sunny but not so warm edge of Leeds, West Yorkshire. I am dyed in the wool 1/72nd aircraft modeller, but there is room for everyone here. I hope the flooding isn't hitting too hard. 

Regards Martin 

• 2 weeks later...